Wanted someone to build me a computer that can handle 3d aps

aubrey.s

Reaction score
Hi I need a computer that can I can run 3 D aps to inc keys, 20i monitor and all the rest of the suff plus aps I have a budget of 1000 euros what can you recommend ¿Oh I live in Ireland? if anyone can provide me with one there is a bonus not much maybe 50 to 100

mattblog

Reaction score
Im not exactly sure what you need but im going to suggest

http://www.wikihow.com/Build-a-Computer

is directs you to what you should buy for different types of computers and how to manually put it together.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/build-a-computer.htm

this is a good tutorial and includes a tour through the computer and suggests what you should do for different computer types (Gaming, or anything else)

also check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1NxsHpaL_s

. I would suggest get parts from the following location

http://www.newegg.com...

Putting a computer together can definitely take A LOT OF WORK. But if done correctly you can save yourself a couple of hundred of dollars and have a computer designed specially for you.

Regards,
Matt

aubrey.s

Reaction score
Thank you mattblog, Ill have a look at that, Thanks for your time to answer

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
To handle 3D apps? Not too hard to do if you pick good hardware.

For the most part, I suggest going with a high clock dual-core or a Quad core CPU. If you can afford an i5/i7 processor, shoot for that as well. RAM? 4GB minimum at 800Mhz or more. Video card? Any recent ATi or Nvidia card that is not integrated (GeForce 8800/Radeon HD 48**'s can be gotten on the cheap these days) will more than suffice for just about every application, even Crysis. Do not look at anything with Integrated video. The hard drive can be anything, but I do suggest a good enough drive that won't be too slow for you. Oh, and don't cheap out on the Power Supply. Make sure you get a quality PSU.

justin.scherer14

Reaction score
Well I am a computer builder myself (building so far around 15 computers). To run 3D apps. there is not much to it. Here are the basics that you should need. These are my recommended settings that you should do, believe me because I have run into these things with my own system.

-AMD 3.2GHz dual core or quad core. The dual will only run you around $80 where the quad will run you around $120.
-2GB DDR3 Ram. This will give you plenty if you are running Windows XP, if you are running Windows 7 or Vista then you should probably get 4GB. 2GB will run you around $80 where 4GB will be around $160.
-The motherboard needs to match the CPU socket type. For most AMD quad-cores they will be AM2+ or AM3. They need to line up or it will not work. Make sure it has 4 slots for RAM, a PCI-E 2.0 slot, a few SATA 3GB/S connectors. This should only be around $80-$120.
-The case should have a nice 500 Watt power supply. You also need to make sure the case fits the architecture of your motherboard. Should only run you around $50-$70.
-Get a 320GB or 500GB hard drive. Make sure it is SATA 3GB/S connector. This will only be around $50-$70.
-Get a nice DVD-RW drive that is SATA 3GB/S connector. Only around $30-$50.
-The final piece is the Graphics card. I am personally an ATI fan so I will direct you on those. Go with a HD5750 or a HD5770. Both of these graphic cards will only run you around $150-$200 and they will keep up with the graphics for around 4 to 6 years from now which is great for graphic cards.

This should be the system that you are looking for. The places to buy the parts would be www.newegg.com. They have an amazing selection and their prices are outstanding. If you have any other questions just shoot me an email or just send me a private message on here. I am happy to help at anytime.

frankpee

Reaction score
You can get what you need cheap. I buy from Newegg, but there are other options.

I do video and 3D professionally. I use Q6600 quadcores, 4 gigs RAM, cheap cases and mobos. Less than $300 US per box, not counting drives and video cards. My main workstation has a GeForce of good repute, I forget exactly which, and three terrabytes of drives. The other boxes in the network have old castoff drives and video cards, dating from years ago. I make my living with this stuff.

aubrey.s

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your help, Your advice is fantastic. Ive been checking out the stuff you have given me advice on however some of the stuff is not as easy to get my hands on without paying hefty taxes (I live in Ireland :( )
Cheers
Aubrey