Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draven

Reaction score
Hey there,
I am trying to set up a Gallery for images in PHPnuke, i uploaded the files to the correct folder on the server but when i try to configure it i get this error - Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/myplan5i/public_html/ClanNZ/modules/gallery/lib/setup.php on line 823

Any idea how this can be fixed?

If you need any more info, Please reply asking and i will return with answers.

Thanks Alot,
Draven.

Siaram

Reaction score
There is three levels of php hosting. You must have the basic version. Go into your control panel and make a request with reasons why you need the upgrade to advanced php. Should solve your problem.

Flashgear

Reaction score
Do you have the intermidate version of PHP?

I had the same problem, go to /home/myplan5i/public_html/ClanNZ/modules/gallery/lib/setup.php or may be the index.php in public_html, make backups of both, and search for exec() with a text editor, then comment it out by doing // by the side of it.

This should sort it out,

Draven

Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks for the quick replys, (Siaram) I had Intermediate PHP Configuration, i have now applyed for Advanced PHP Configuration, hoping that might be a quick fix. (Flashgear) I will do your solution if the above idea dosn't work.

Thanks again to you both.

Cheers,
Draven.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
The exec() error shouldn't appear if you have the Intermediate version. DO NOT APPLY FOR ADVANCED VERSION unless an Administrator tells you to.

I don't see any error at: http://myplace.x10hosting.com/Gallery/, can you pleae provide a link to the page you're getting the error, or a screen shot..

Draven

Reaction score
Hello Fedlerner,
I had allready appyed for the Advanced version before i read your message, so sorry I can't cancel that.

The Gallery is working fine at: http://myplace.x10hosting.com/Gallery/ thankyou, the problem is with the phpnuke gallery i'm trying to install, The URL is - http://www.myplace.x10hosting.com/ClanNZ/modules.php?name=Gallery Its not setup yet, i was trying to set it up when i ran into this error.

Any help would be greatly appriecated.

Cheers,
Draven
Edit:
Hey All,
I have been given my Advanced Php hosting, And it didn't fix the problem right away, but i went to sleep then woke up this morning, and everything is working now, so that could have been the problem.

Thanks for all the help people.

Problem solved.

Cheers,
Draven.

Last edited:

wisdomtool

Reaction score
I don't think the admin will give advance level, intermediate yes if it is deemed you require them but advance they are very careful. Which is a very good thing that keeps the server secure and the uptime fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.