Watermark Removal?

Goten X

Reaction score
I've been making some music videos lately, and I've seen that the watermarks from the clips are annoying. I want to show them to people, without other's watermarks and junk in the corner. Any suggestions?

|GX

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well if your making the music videos, then why is their watermarks?

Jimbob

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure of the legality of removing a watermark from a video :S...

Edit, Is legality even a word? :grin:

Chris

Reaction score
Jimbob said:
Edit, Is legality even a word? :grin:
Yes, it is.

I doubt it is legal if you didn't make the video... It's most likely copyrighted (well everything is copyrighted once you create it, but you have to buy a thing in order to file a law suit)

Jimbob

Reaction score
I'd imagine that the watermark is there because you are using a trial version of a program, which would make the watermarks inevitable...

Dark.Cobra

Reaction score
I'm presuming by "making" music videos, you're talking about taking clips from anime or something and piecing them together with a song.

In this case, unless you're willing to go frame by frame, you cant removed the wm. Once the video is encoded, it becomes "flattened", so you cannot access the layers.

However, if the wm has been put on by the program you're using (eg. DivX), the paid version shouldnt have it (that i know of).

Origin

Reaction score
Probably because your originals are watermarked

Conor

Reaction score
Jimbob said:
I'd imagine that the watermark is there because you are using a trial version of a program, which would make the watermarks inevitable...
I would think that too.

spyrorocks

Reaction score
Yes. The program would make a water mark if it is on a trial version. There is no way of removing it unless you buy the software or get some editing program that could cut the section with the water mark in it. So, unless you damage your video, you will just have to buy the software.

Maurice

Reaction score
Or just crack it.

I got a camera that watermarks the right bottom corner with the date it's made and the size etc. etc. Maybe that is what he is trying to say? :p

|Born2Shoot|

GFX-Designer
Reaction score
Mav3rick said:
i dont even know what a watermark is. what is it? like a copyright?
Well ya something like that, most of the time its a little logo in the bottom corner overlayed so you can see it's from the one who made it. It represents the maker,

You also have hidden watermarks, so if someone rips your signature or something, and they say it's theirs, you can make a invisible watermark,

You can see if it's invisible watermarkes by pressing ctrl+a you select everything, some designerz but COPYRIGHT BY : {DEsIGNERZNAME}

You wont see this when you didn't slect it :eek:riginal:

This is a way to protect

BUT SORRY IM GETTING WAY OFF TOPIC :grin: