web account suspended - but why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

theworkshop

Reaction score
Firstly, I don't know if this is the correct place to post this or not but anyway,...

So, I suddenly found I couldn't log into my web hosting account, no email saying I was suspended, no warning, just shut out with a log in error message saying I'm suspended. I have no idea why they have done this and when I try to lodge a support ticket to query why, I can't log in to lodge a support ticket. So what's the deal? How can the admin here (web site not forum) just go about suspending people without the person actually having any idea why they have been suspended. I can't see where I have breached any TOS rules and if I did, what sort of policy is it where you don't try and work with your clients (customers) to solve any misunderstanding?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
99% of suspensions are automatic inactivity suspensions. If you log into your cpanel and click the inactivity suspension link you'll be automatically unsuspened. Just remember to log into the forums here once every two weeks. You don't have to post, read a post, or stay logged in for more than two seconds.

If you violate the TOS you will be suspended, permanently, without warning, at the admins' discretion, but if you read the TOS of any host anywhere, this is usually the case. X10 is quite good about warnings unless you are doing something tremendously illegal or just plain stupid.

Admins generally do not visit this forum, so if you have a serious account question in the future, I'd recommend using the support desk, since non-admins (such as myself) do not have access to your account and cannot see why you are suspended: http://support.x10hosting.com

redivy

Reaction score
Yeah. You should say how long ago it was since you have last logged in.

But I totally agree. They should give you some sort of reason that you have been suspended. Did you check your E-Mail? Maybe they sent it to you in the form of one. But still, they should have "Error: You cannot log in because your account has been suspended for the following reasons: ____________" and stuff. It would make it a lot easier.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If you look at your page when it is suspended it gives you the option to type in your cpanel login information and it will give you the reason why you are suspended.

The admins are working on the suspension script and I believe they are adding an email warning system.

hellbux

Reaction score
i understand you...
but the rool dont change :)
you kent pay 3 usd and dont have the suspend problem
1 question:
but if put your ads why suspend that site???

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
If no sites were ever suspended or deleted because of inactivity, the servers would be full of sites using up space, bandwidth, and resources for people who don't even want their sites anymore. This is simply a tool to clean up garbage. The USD$3 is just a way for good members to go on with their business and not get suspended.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Moved to community support.

Status
Not open for further replies.