Web.config Help

boone1

Reaction score
Hi, I have a working webpage in Visual Studio 2005, but once it is uploaded to x10hosting, I get the following error:

"Server Error in '/' Application

Operation aborted due to an exception (see Trace for details).

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.

Stack Trace:

System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: Operation aborted due to an exception (see Trace for details).
at System.Web.Security.SqliteRoleProvider.RoleExists (System.String roleName) [0x00000]
at System.Web.Security.Roles.RoleExists (System.String rolename) [0x00000]
at ASP.global_asax.Application_Start (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000]
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000]
"

My Web.config file is:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<configuration>
<appSettings />

<connectionStrings />

<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off" />
<roleManager enabled="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Thanks.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I am not trying to do anything fancy, like connecting to an SQL server or database.
Actually, you are. Roles and authentication credentials have to be stored somehow. The default role provider on Mono is based on SQLite. Neither WindowsTokenRoleProvider nor SqlRoleProvider is available, and even one of those requires a DB connection.

Last edited:

boone1

Reaction score
So I need to add a role provider since I have enabled it? How to I add a role provider for Mono, or in general, so I can get rid of this error?

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
As per my sig, read the first link in my first post. Failing that, try Google and then the Mono community (forums, chat rooms &c).