Web Design Portfolio Mudith Parakkrama

phazzedout

Reaction score
Everytime I see someone trying to make a career in web development I never become surprised to see some really bad websites revolving around their career choice.

Of course this is not the case. Your page is beautifully done, I don't see any signs of plagiarizing. Also you did well by trying to get this on your site (W3C and has valid XHTML and CSS) very good. 9.1/10.0

The reason I didn't give you the whole 10 is the background text color on your content. I don't see any way around that but still a good site.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Awesome Design. Perfect website I really appreciate your work

Mudith

Reaction score
thank u all for your comments,
i thought the users can easily read the site content by highlighting the text. so that's y i thought to give a background color to text areas...

mirlanthiriel

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm very new to creating web pages so I can't comment on the way it's done specifically; however, it's very eye-catching!

wongers

Reaction score
i im inclined to agree, brilliant site, shame about the background colour of your text. perhaps a transpert grey background to go with your white text but to ensure that nothing clashes.

and i'm talking like a transparent grey layer between text and background image. not as a background text cause one of the main things that bugs me about it is the gap between each line :p

but again, brilliant stuff!

Mudith

Reaction score
thanks for the comments.
well now as so far comments i gt to knw that most of the viewers hate the background colors of the text lines... so im tryin to put a transparent background through the text...

i ll update soon...

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It is a good site, but extremely bright. At first, my eyes had to adjust for a second for me to be able to read the text. My other complaint is that the menu has to be clicked to be displayed. That is OK for users who know that is is there, but I didn't at first.

This site does show you have considerable skill as a web designer, but if I was asked to rate the site myself, I would give it a 7 out of 10.

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
High Quality Website.
but like everything else there are somethings that stood out to me that I feel could be improved on
` I did not appreciate how three links took me all to the same place. (ABOUT ME / MY PROFILE / MY SKILLS) it was annoying trying to figure out if I made a mistake or what
` I think the underline is the link is unnecessary and creates a sense of confusion
` I think the background is too dark, because I was interested in the typography
` Also, like Twinkie said, I noticed the Menu, but it does seem to blend in too much with the background
` I think the links that come from the Menu should be placed a little bit lower so it doesn't touch the Menu button

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry to say but I don't like anything on your site, but when I scrolled down the page then the footer seems pretty nice and more professional. But cause it's an original layout, I must appreciate it.