Web FTP?

aliasneo

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is there some sort of web FTP that is generally accepted as being good/reliable/secure that I can use to allow people to upload files to my space?

I want to create a link I can share with friends to upload things for me rather than mailing them etc?

Thanks

infopage

Reaction score
Here is an excellent free resource to do what you need: FileFactory
(Be sure to read the instructions for properly using it for MySpace applications)

Hopes this helps:smile:

aliasneo

Reaction score
Hi, I wasn't actually after a storage host, I was after some script or app I can load to my web space here to allow file uploads to my account. Thanks.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
FTP isn't necessary, although it could be dangerous; you can use a simple file upload on an HTML (PHP) form and determine the file's disposition programmatically.

aliasneo

Reaction score
FTP isn't necessary, although it could be dangerous; you can use a simple file upload on an HTML (PHP) form and determine the file's disposition programmatically.

Ok, which takes me back to my original question, is there any app or script i can install that is proven and can take care of that for me?

aliasneo

Reaction score
http://net2ftp.com/ is a web FTP client that you can use and even download and put on your server. Is this what you're looking for?

Sort of, I want the Web FTP to run from the server, and upload files to the same server. So I can do it from anywhere.

So esseentially I want to go to upload.myhostname.x10hosting.com and upload files to a folder somewhere in the private part of my x10 hosting account.

cl58logs

Reaction score
You can use Net2FTP for that. You just have to put in your server credentials. If you host it on your site, you can put in the default server name in the configuration file and you can link to net2ftpdirectory.yoursite.com/?username=[user]&directory=[folder] so all you have to do is type in a password and it connect to the directory you entered in the URL.

aliasneo

Reaction score
It seems according to some rules I might not be allowed to upload files to the space. My intention was to use it as a storage for my documents when moving around. I dropped my external HDD with 120GB of my work on the other day and killed it with no backups (it was the backup).

I'll refrain from it until I switch hosting or find out if it's allowed here.

boris111

Reaction score
1. net2ftp is ok
2. theres other, mywebftp, lightweight and simple.
3. 4 your case, your needs is an storage which can be opened from anywhere, and the storage is fine, and with fine filesize limit. why not u try 4shared.com ? u can create you owh storage there.

at least but not least... x10hosting.com is a very good FREE hosting services. which is good 4 website purposes, and we dont have to use it 4 file storage purposes.

in my humble opinion