Web layout

here2g0home

Reaction score
This is my first web layout because I need one for my graphic site that I am making. I am not the best at graphics but I learn quick and love to read tutorials.

http://i1.tinypic.com/4k9fupc.png

This is probably my biggest piece of artwork other then my wallpaper.

MIKE

P.S. I don't know how to add this to my site can someone teach me??

Last edited:

nexhunter

Reaction score
nice layout and did you use fireworks if so if you have cs3 and dreamweaver cs3 you can export the png into an html file but that would become like a image on a screen. You can also use the slice feature and slice up the content on the image and export it as slices, and html if you have like a background and only what to export the boxes make sure you select selected slices only. here is an image what you should somewhat have to export slices with an html document.

Last edited:

here2g0home

Reaction score
I have gimp 2.4 and im pretty sure it doesn't have a slice feature. Is their any other way i can divide up the layout?

MIKE

Last edited:

nexhunter

Reaction score
I don't know then how to do it. Maybe if there a professional gimp user on the forum they might know how to.

here2g0home

Reaction score
I don't know then how to do it. Maybe if there a professional gimp user on the forum they might know how to.

Unfortunately, I think everyone uses PS here :dunno:

Maybe I can get someone to cut it for me.

MIKE

reichiru

Reaction score
It's easier to cut it with Dreamweaver. I dun have one though, I usually do everything with raw HTML. Your text needs a lotta work, the colours don't go together very well. Layout's simple, but I guess you want it that way. Good job on it, and hope you can figure out how to get it on your site!

here2g0home

Reaction score
It's easier to cut it with Dreamweaver. I dun have one though, I usually do everything with raw HTML. Your text needs a lotta work, the colours don't go together very well. Layout's simple, but I guess you want it that way. Good job on it, and hope you can figure out how to get it on your site!

Yh I suck at text...got any tips? I know about the colors...Didn't know what to match w/ purple. Yes i wanted the layout simple.

And is dreamweaver free?

MIKE

reichiru

Reaction score
I'm not too good with colours myself, so you would probably want to find a few websites to give you tips. All I know is that it looks funny.

As for Dreamweaver, as far as I know it's NOT free, but there are trials versions on the web, along with illegal pirated versions etc. Don't ask me where to find those, I don't know myself, and I would never look for them anyways.

jensen

Reaction score
I use GIMP and Paint.Net There's also NVU for Linux for FREE.
So has anyone attempted to "cut up" your design so far?

You have a few options, if you want static pages, then cutting it up would be a great idea. But if you'd like your site to be more dynamic then you have to use CSS to put the images in place. You can use sIFR to get the site logo loaded while being serach engine friendly.

note: I'd recommend your site to be in CSS. DW only cuts up and puts them in tables. (maybe the new versions do, I have not used it in a while.)

Try using http://www.colorjack.com/sphere/ to help with colour selection and matching.

Last edited:

here2g0home

Reaction score
I use GIMP and Paint.Net There's also NVU for Linux for FREE.
So has anyone attempted to "cut up" your design so far?

You have a few options, if you want static pages, then cutting it up would be a great idea. But if you'd like your site to be more dynamic then you have to use CSS to put the images in place. You can use sIFR to get the site logo loaded while being serach engine friendly.

note: I'd recommend your site to be in CSS. DW only cuts up and puts them in tables. (maybe the new versions do, I have not used it in a while.)

Try using http://www.colorjack.com/sphere/ to help with colour selection and matching.

Thanks man...I'll try the CSS method...if you will help me, I think I'm supposed to cut each image separately and save them then use CSS to place them on my site??

Thx for the color thing...it rocks.

MIKE