Webadress will not load the welcome page

Status
Not open for further replies.

party2079

Reaction score
sorry title should be [Web page will not load the welcome page]

Hi, i have recently uploaded a website made using dreamweaver. The side is copied and when i want to view it using the web address which is http://myusefulwebsite.x10.mx/ it comes up with the files including the welcome page but it does not open when the address is entered.
Plz help

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
It takes up to 24-48 hours for the server to update new/changes to domains (it has to rewrite the file that matches your domain name to your account). There are a lot of such changes and for performance reasons, they have to be batched together.

In the mean time, you will get the 'Default web page'. You just have to give it some time and clear your browser cache and history before checking on your site.

If the default page is still there after 48 days, post back.

cybrax

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Change the name of Welcome Page.html to index.html

This will make it the default page for any visitor entering with just the web address.
You may also want to do the same for any other sub-folders, remember to change any menu links accordingly.

party2079

Reaction score
Thanks everybody, u both was right. I changed the domane name to see if that was the problem but it was not so i changed it back to origional and i listened to the second advice to change the welcome page to index, that solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.