WebcodingForum

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A forum is a forum. You can make some minor modifications right away, like changing the site title from "WEbcodingForum" to "WebcodingForum" (or something similar - the "WEb" at the start won't help you at all) and changing the logo image to something a little more appropriate to the site.

Apart from that, there is no content and no real direction. You can sort of tell from the forum titles what sort of content you want to see on the site, but it needs much, much more. Is it aimed at beginners? Experts? Enthusiastic kids who don't want to be treated like children? Old fogeys who don't want to be ignored because they're over twenty-seven and it shows? Is it a tips and tricks site, a best practices site, or a question and answer site?

If you want a community, you first have to give people some idea of whether or not they belong in that community. What you have now is sort of like approaching somebody, asking if they want to play a game, and telling them that it's their turn without telling them which game they're playing. Seeding a forum can be hard; you either have to have a community already (friends, colleagues) or be willing to fake it (sock puppet accounts to get the ball rolling). Or you can leverage a following you already have, like from a blog, or pay for exposure/advertising.

And do try to keep in mind that there are approximately eleventy-three billion forums on the internet already, and a huge number of them are supposed to be about web development in one way or another. What are you offering that can't be found elsewhere? Just because you want to have the party at your house doesn't mean everyone else would think that would be the handiest place to go. Most online communities, like most restaurants, fail. Try not to be too disappointed if that happens.

richiezh

Reaction score
Signed up!

It has potential. Try advertising it a bit when you get the chance. Anyway good luck getting more traffic to it!

Also if at all possible, get a top level domain name, preferably .com or .net. That way more people are likely to discover and go on your site.

Last edited:

phclausx

Reaction score
Fancy, fancy... Host not found... Barely two months in the making and already nirvana... Alpha Bravo

l4w2game

Reaction score
I disagree a bit.

There might be a lot of boards that offer the same material, but it's a matter of choosing which one is the most accessible and has the best community.

That's the entire aim of my site really, other than promoting new game development companies by established members there, and offering a community-driven platform rather than one where only staff take control of everything that goes on. I want to offer the same thing as other boards but with a better community, being very active and having idiot members isn't the way to go.

-------

I wish I could see this board.