WebDesign Help

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I currently have a wordpress blog, but I would like to setup a website around it ( like incorporating it into a CMS or something ) without losing what I have currently posted. ( And still allowing people to visit the blog without having to see the CMS )

So, basically - go to like mysite.com and they see the website, and in the center or there abouts is the blog entries ... around it would be other information that you can find in a CMS. But if I went to mysite.com/blog or whatever, they can view the blog directly.

Anyone understand what I am trying to say ( I know, its confusing even to me ) or know what I can use to set up something like this?

akkudreamz

Reaction score
if you are looking to do this using wordpress itself you can create a new front page for your blog where you can put the stuff you wana show on your site's home page
and you can give link to your blog there...

it would be better if you use Joomla to make your site
where you can publish articles which the visitors cna view like a blog...and it will be a complete site too

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
if you are looking to do this using wordpress itself you can create a new front page for your blog where you can put the stuff you wana show on your site's home page
and you can give link to your blog there...

it would be better if you use Joomla to make your site
where you can publish articles which the visitors cna view like a blog...and it will be a complete site too

So, the answer would be no? ... Or you just don't know?
Thank you, but I would like to incorporate Wordpress not get rid of it ( as I thought I clearly pointed out )

GrandeMike

Reaction score
Probably wouldn't be too difficult to figure out. My thoughts:

1. Move wordpress install to a 'mysite.com/blog' subdirectory.
2. Install CMS to root directory (mysite.com).
3. Build or find a module/component for said CMS that will read wordpress entries and display them however. Only tricky part is figuring out how WP stores the blog entries and where to retrieve them from.

I hope I explained that enough. If not, let me know. Not the most difficult of projects I can think of, but programming knowledge might be a prerequisite depending on whether or not you can find a pre-built module/component.

Last edited: