Webhosting sign-up & login problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

zen-r

Reaction score
Either I'm missing something really obvious here, or there are some really buggy, messy problems with sign-up.

I started the sign-up process, got to the check-if-username-is-free stage, my username was free, so I continued. Then I got to the stage where it finally tells me that I should have 1st got a Forum account. Why didn't it do this at the start of sign-up?
So I sign-up for a Forum account (in a separate browser window). When complete, I go back to enter my new Forum account details, & complete the Webhosting sign-up.
Except, at this point, I was forced through an endless cycle of either being told the username is taken (which it had just told me it wasn't) & being made to change the username, or thinking I had completed the process, but instead just being sent (clicking) past a load of subscribe-to-these newsletters, before eventually discovering myself arriving back at the start of the sign-up process! Never any confirmation of a successful webhosting sign-up.

Back at the x10hosting homepage, I tried logging in with the username(s) & password I had just tried signing up with, only to be told "The username specified does not exist" Strange, because trying again to sign-up with those names worked until the end of the process, where it once again told me, "Username already taken".

Not to be beaten, I tried logging in at the homepage with my Forum username -despite the fact that there is no mention in the box that it is a forum login. Isn't it a Hosting Account Management Panel login box, so surely it should take that?! No, it DID take my forum username login (but it doesn't say Forum login on the box)!

Thinking I've made progress, I'm now hit by another of the sites apparent non-sensical, muddled, disasters. It is presenting me with a box demanding I link my cPanel username (they've never bothered to mentioned this word before, but I'm assuming this is my Webhosting sign-up username) with my Forum username. And once again, of course, all my usernames are refused, & my sign-up/login stalls.

Looking through the forums for a solution, I find a thread where someone else complains of not being able to Link the usernames. They were then followed by a flood of other people also reporting the same problem. So what did the admin do? Post a helpful solution? No, of course not. The thread was ended there & then "before it got out of hand" without one word of help!

Nice one! I dare say, my own attempts here at reporting my problems will be met with the same short thrift. Go on, prove me wrong. Give me some help - I dare you (& would appreciate it)!!

Even if you do have a solution, don't you think that the various muddled stages of sign-up are in need of some fine-tuning? Given the amount of competition out there, most potential customers experiencing similar hassles to mine are likely to take the simplest solution & go elsewhere. This probably amounts to the loss of many thousands of customers, & just as importantly, loss of reputation.

As to my problems, I'm guessing that those webhosting accounts never did get created, hence the inability to login or do the Linking. Perhaps a combination of poorly designed website &, on my PC, some cookie, or referrer-related issue -but I've tried it in 2 different browsers, with different security settings, & even tweaked my firewall -but all to no avail.

Scott

Reaction score
Please PM me the following information, I'll manually create your account:

cPanel Username:
Hosting Package: (Adfree, Advanced, Corporate, or Static)
Subdomain/Domain: (we do not provide you with a domain, but if you have one, you can use it here)
Contact E-mail:
Default Site Language: (allowed are English, Spanish, or French)
If you agree to the Terms of Service place an x here ()

Last edited by a moderator:

zen-r

Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd just post a follow-up for anyone with similar problems finding this thread, & wondering what happened.

Full marks to ScottD here. He was very quick off the mark, & did get me connected straight away. Once able to login to my Hosting Management Panel, I then had several more mysterious issues to resolve on my own (the cPanel not accepting my login etc!) before things finally worked themselves out.

So: Excellent support from Forum staffers, Somewhat poorer attention to detail by the site developers. As to the cause of the problem, I think my original conclusion of it being a combination of poor website design & my PC's security settings still holds up -though judging by the forums here, clearly many, many other people are having similar issues.:dunno:

Incidentally, some hours after I was finally able to access the cPanel, I received a flood of emails from the x10hosting automated system, with all the notifications of "Account could not be created" or "We are experiencing ~overload, please wait 5 minutes" which I should have received whilst these problems were occuring. If I had received them without delay, the issues may have been a little easier to resolve. Obviously, the x10hosting email server wasn't up to the job at the right moment (well it was around 6am, perhaps it hadn't woken up yet!)

On a much brighter note, I was very pleased to see a short while ago, that admin are now aware & trying to get on top of the problem. At the start of the sign-up page I found the following message across the top of the screen;

---"Please note we are in the process of revamping our sign-up system. We have been made aware that it is a bit confusing for new comers. If you have issues during the sign-up process please E-mail us at:support@x10hosting.com with the title of "Sign-up Issue". Thank you for your patience while we work out this problem."---

Excellent, I look forward to seeing what happens next!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
We are sorry if you experienced problems with the signup. We are currently revamping the signup procedure and working on a new design. We regret the inconvenience caused.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thank you for this. I can easily forgive problems from a site that is still developing, listening to its customers, offering swift help, & aiming to always improve.

Now I know that this isn't one of those all-too-common sites where you feel you are banging your head against a wall, & no-one from admin is taking a blind bit of notice.

Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.