Webmail Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker9099

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've searched the forums before posting and I noticed it's not just me who cannot access Horde and RoundCube while SquirrelMail can be accessed. But that's not the problem I'm facing. The thing is that nothing is showing up in my SquirrelMail inbox. I am forwarding the mail to my hotmail email and that works fine but EVERYTIME it ends up being sent to my Junk mail.

Is there a way to resolve those two issues?
1. The fact that nothing is showing up inside the SquirrelMail inbox.
2. The mail is being forwarded to the Junk and not the inbox.

Thanks in advance.

zapzack

Reaction score
Did you setup a mail account in cPanel, or just a mail forwarder? And you can stop it from going to junk mail by whitelisting it in hotmail.

Last edited:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Nothing is showing up because it sounds like it is bypassing the local server completely. As for the spam, it is probably there because the IP it was sent from is listed in Microsoft's spam blacklist due to abuse of the email system on the free servers, the best option would probably be to just find the 'Mark as not spam' button or whatever it is they call it in HotMail.

striker9099

Reaction score
Nothing is showing up because it sounds like it is bypassing the local server completely. As for the spam, it is probably there because the IP it was sent from is listed in Microsoft's spam blacklist due to abuse of the email system on the free servers, the best option would probably be to just find the 'Mark as not spam' button or whatever it is they call it in HotMail.

I did create an email account and I checked that it is already there. But still nothing is showing up in the SquirrelMail inbox. What do you mean by bypassing the local server completely and how can that be fixed?

I'm not sure what IP I should whitelist in my hotmail account. In my script, I've set the From header to be whatever email the visitor entered in the form. Here's the code:
Code:
<?php
/*
if(empty($_POST['senderEmail']))
{
	echo "Email is missing";
	exit;	
} 
*/

$name = $_POST['senderName'];
$email = $_POST['senderEmail'];
$country = $_POST['senderCountry'];
$phone = $_POST['senderPhone'];
$msg = $_POST['senderMessage'];
$sitename = "www.prodouble-d.com";

$to = 'contact@prodouble-d.com';
$date = date("m/d/Y H:i:s");
$subject = "Email From $name via $sitename";
$emailBody = "A visitor to $sitename has left the following information:<br />
Sent By: $name <br />
Email: $email <br />
Phone: $phone <br />
<br /><br />
Message Sent:
<br />$msg<br /><br />";  
$emailFooter	= "<br />Sent On: $date<br />Location:$country<br />";
$message = $emailBody.$emailFooter;
$headers  = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n"; 
$headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n";
//$headers .= "From:contact@prodouble-d.com";
$headers .= "From:$name <".$email.">";

$ok = mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);

if($ok){
	echo "returnMsg=1";
}else{
	echo "returnMsg=0";
}
?>

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Each email also contains the domain or IP of the server that sent it. All emails sent through x10 will have x10 address in the 'mailed-by' part of the email headers. Email clients will look at these headers and if the IP or domain appears on their blacklist then the email will be put in the junk mail box. There is nothing you can change in your code to alter this unless you try moving to sending through an external server such as gmail, although there seems to be a few issues with the correct ports not being open to allow this at the moment.

striker9099

Reaction score
Each email also contains the domain or IP of the server that sent it. All emails sent through x10 will have x10 address in the 'mailed-by' part of the email headers. Email clients will look at these headers and if the IP or domain appears on their blacklist then the email will be put in the junk mail box. There is nothing you can change in your code to alter this unless you try moving to sending through an external server such as gmail, although there seems to be a few issues with the correct ports not being open to allow this at the moment.
Hmmm I see... Do you know how to add the x10hosting.com IP to the whitelist in hotmail? I tried using the Mark As Safe but that didn't fix the problem...

And what about the SquirrelMail, isn't there anything I could do about it?

dlukin

Reaction score
PHP:
//$headers .= "From:contact@prodouble-d.com";
$headers .= "From:$name <".$email.">";

Uncomment the first and comment out the second and test a couple of time.

I think they have outgoing filters that usually silently kill the email if the "From" isn't your own domain (or just when it is 'From' hotmail, gmail ,etc ... to prevent spoofing).

striker9099

Reaction score
Ok I guess there's nothing I can do about this... But could an admin look into this issue please? Thanks.

zapzack

Reaction score
Try making the From line this:

Code:
$headers .= "From:admin@yourdomain.com";

Change the email to one you have setup on the server. It shouldn't go into junk anymore, since it's sent from a valid domain residing at the server it came from. If this doesn't work, I'll see what the staff can do.

striker9099

Reaction score
Try making the From line this:

Code:
$headers .= "From:admin@yourdomain.com";

Change the email to one you have setup on the server. It shouldn't go into junk anymore, since it's sent from a valid domain residing at the server it came from. If this doesn't work, I'll see what the staff can do.
Ok that actually worked. Now the emails are going to my hotmail inbox and not my junk mail, thanks alot! But still nothing is showing up in my SquirrelMail inbox, I guess that's an issue the admins should resolve.

zapzack

Reaction score
Have you tried emailing yourself from your hotmail to that address to see if if shows in squirrel mail?

striker9099

Reaction score
Have you tried emailing yourself from your hotmail to that address to see if if shows in squirrel mail?
Weird... First I sent a message to contact@mydomain.com, I received a message on my hotmail but not inside squirrel mail. Then I sent a message to out@mydomain.com and I received the message inside squirrelmail. Then I deleted contact@mydomain.com and re-created it again, and I received the message in both: squirrelmail and hotmail. I do not know what was wrong but now everything is working great. Thanks for all the help zapzack :)

zapzack

Reaction score
No problem. Glad I could help. Feel free to create another ticket if you have anymore webmail issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.