Webservices or WCF services

Status
Not open for further replies.

adm_faress

Reaction score
Hello,

I have only find one thread talking about webservices but the person who asked didn't have any answer, I would like to know if it is possible to consume webservices or WCF services on your server

Thank you very much

Danielx386

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to X10. I just done some research on this subject, and I don't think that you will be able to run those on the server since they run linux.

Just wanting to check my understand, are you talking about asp.net?

Daniel

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe that ASP.NET's web services/WCF are regular application, just that they return content such as JSON or XML-RPC. In that case, you'll have to use mono to host the ASP.NET application on your account.

adm_faress

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to X10. I just done some research on this subject, and I don't think that you will be able to run those on the server since they run linux.

Just wanting to check my understand, are you talking about asp.net?

Daniel

Yes my bad, I didn't give enough precision.

I believe that ASP.NET's web services/WCF are regular application, just that they return content such as JSON or XML-RPC. In that case, you'll have to use mono to host the ASP.NET application on your account.

Do you have a link or something that will explain me what mono is and how to implement it ?

Thank you .

EDIT :

Ok I found the way to use Webservices but I will need also WCF services but i don't know how for the moment if any of view did find a way or have a link or something it will be much appreciated

Last edited:

adm_faress

Reaction score
The Moma says everything is fine and on the mono site I don't find anything but well, I'll will search a way to consume wcf, I will keep noticed people that needs it as well, thank you for your help xav0989 really appreciated :fruit:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If it says it's fine, then you shouldn't have any problem executing your code here.

adm_faress

Reaction score
If it says it's fine, then you shouldn't have any problem executing your code here.

Yes indeed, but the problem is the WCF don't return a result of a method, but just the text content of the markup, it act like it don't recognize it as a service

Status
Not open for further replies.