Website and URL vanished

Status
Not open for further replies.

corykeane16

Reaction score
Hey guys. I had my domain techfoundry.x10.mx, and my site was up. Then I was suspended for inactivity and nothing exists anymore, not the domain, not the site. Any ideas why this happened?

Thank you very much

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
A search for that domain name turned up no results. What was your cPanel username and when was the last time you saw your site online, and when did you get suspended for inactivity?

corykeane16

Reaction score
I received the notification on June 4th at 9:30PM:
"Your x10Hosting free web hosting account svcghost has been suspended. Access to this hosting account has been restricted until the suspension has been resolved."

I'm pretty sure I last saw it online and accessible (the website) on June 2nd. Now it doesn't even exist.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm assuming that you did nothing to get your account unsuspended, since you are not volunteering that information. After at least 14 days of your account being in a suspended state, it will automatically and permanently delete itself. The TOS that you agreed to when you signed up included the guidelines of keeping your hosting account active, through regular logging into the forums here at least once every 31 days. This policy is in place to clear the free servers of abandoned accounts for space, and an account suspended then deleted for inactivity is assumed an account that is abandoned.

From the info that you've given, it's been nearly 2 months since your account was suspended. That exceeds the minimum of 14 days suspended considerably.

In order to get a new hosting account, simply log into your account panel and then follow the links there to create a new hosting account. Remember to login to the forum account attached to the new hosting account at least once every 31 days to keep your hosting account active.

If you'd like to not have to remember the login requirement to stay active, then please consider buying prime membership or Illuminated hosting package. You'll get more for your hosting account and the login requirement is exempted. Here is the plan comparison page that has links in the bottom of the chart to where to buy prime or illuminated: http://x10hosting.com/free-hosting-comparison

Last edited:

corykeane16

Reaction score
Okay thank you. Appreciate the support. I just wasn't aware that everything is deleted after too much inactivity.

Thanks, take care!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is part of the ToS you agreed to when signing up:
7. Inactivity

Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 14 day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://x10hosting.com/forums at least ONCE every 31 days. Accounts must also have a working website within one week.

Bolded the key part.

Status
Not open for further replies.