Website broken since server moves?? - resolved!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey_05_06

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I am among those who have been plagued by my site not working since the recent server moves, and like many of you, my service ticket was not addressed in what I might consider a timely fashion (but hey, you get what you pay for, right?). In fact, it seems like the ticket system has been removed entirely from the account portal?

ANYWAY, I decided that instead of just complaining about it, I'd see what I could do to resolve the problem. And you can mark this one as self-solved. Here's what I did.

FIRST: Log into cPanel - If you can't log into cPanel, I'm not going to be able to help you (sorry!). Keep in mind that if you were on chopin (like me) that you are now on vox (try logging into cPanel at vox.x10hosting.com:2083).

SECOND: Under the Domain section, select Advanced DNS Zone Editor​.

X10HOSTINGSTEP2.png

THIRD: Reset the zone file. (WARNING: YOU MAY WANT TO COPY THE CURRENT SETTINGS FIRST! THIS WORKED FOR ME, BUT IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, THEN YOU MAY WANT TO TRY RESTORING THE PREVIOUS SETTINGS!!)

Click "more >>":

X10HOSTINGSTEP3.png

Check the box, and click the button to reset the zone:

X10HOSTINGSTEP3b.png

This will reset your DNS settings and zone information for your entire account.

I AM NOT HOSTING ANY DOMAINS, SUBDOMAINS, PARKED DOMAINS, ETC. IF YOU ARE USING ANY OF THESE FEATURES, YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY.

Note that it will take time for the DNSes used by various ISPs around the world to update. This typically should be updated within about 24-48 hours.

I want to stress again, YOUR RESULTS MAY VARY - THIS WORKED FOR ME, BUT MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. I've been a major advocate of x10Hosting for years, and I remain confident that they will get these issues resolved soon. Still, I found a solution to my own hosting woes, and wanted to share it with you all.

I hope this helps someone who was similarly impacted!

-monkey

Last edited:

mlinton_ford40

Reaction score
Hi,

How did you know that everyone on 'stoli' got moved to 'vox' pls?

Just asking because everyone seems to know about this 'server move' but I cant seem to find infos on it anywhere.
(PS I was on boru...I have no idea were I am now - my site, that is)

M

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.