Website Complete

42type

Reaction score
Alright, now that my website is completely done, every section of it fully programmed, I am posting here to have some criticism, I know I posted before but then it was only like 50% done, I thought this perhaps deserves a new topic.

Here is my website: http://42type.net

Judge away!

Agenator

Reaction score
looks decent 8.5/10 there is just something about the way its layed out that prevents a 10 but i cant put my finger on it. Did you make this theme from scratch or modify it? it looks really well done especially if it was based on kubrick (editing that myself right now)...

42type

Reaction score
umm it wasnt really based on kubrick lol thats just the description I had in there cuz i copied the header from the kubrick style.css, I made everything from scratch, I do web design.

LHVWB

Reaction score
You site has a good template and good content as it had last time, just one comment which I can think off, the 'navigate my site', image is cut off at the top by the red search bar, I can't remember if this was intentional but it is kind of annouying. Apart from that it looks like a lot of hard work and effort has gone into the site.

vol7ron

Reaction score
I agree with the banner image comment. "Navigate my site" looks like it was intentionally cut off. I think you should think about having at least some of the "Navigate" in the red search bar.

Hope this helps.

Agenator

Reaction score
ah thats awesome... I was just wondering. I might do that at some point but I need to get better at php...

42type

Reaction score
bleh its actually quite easy, Like I used kubrick as a reference, but I just coded my own theme with the xhtml and css I had already written for it.

rudrorc

Reaction score
nice theme. . .i love it! i am a pro web designer as well and must tell you - you have done a gr8 job mate! 'simple is the best way to have it and give it' - your work defines this mantra! keep it up!

42type

Reaction score
Zenax said:
i just tested your CSS using the nifty button you provided, and I got this:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://42type.net/

If you read the validation page fully, you will realize that it is actually not MY css, but the css of a wordpress plugin, MY css is completely valid.

rudroc said:
nice theme. . .i love it! i am a pro web designer as well and must tell you - you have done a gr8 job mate! 'simple is the best way to have it and give it' - your work defines this mantra! keep it up!

Thank you very much, I am also a professional web designer, im currently establishing my own design firm.

Last edited:

theafterthought

Reaction score
Very well designed, I like the fact that all of the content is evenly and sufficiently spaced apart. Also you have added some nice touches, like the "Skip to content/bottom" anchor links at the top of the page - it just adds to the impression that you have thought of the user.

I would agree that the "Navigate my site" image doesn't look right - whether you have intentionally made it so that not all of the text is visible or there is an alignment problem, it doesn't work for me, so I would change that.

Overall, the design is really good and there's been a lot of attention to detail put into it that really make a difference. Very nice!

vol7ron

Reaction score
Thinking about it, I think you should also put in some "Back to top" or arrow links to easily navigate back to the main menu.

tittat

Reaction score
"skip to bottom and skip to content buttons is a nice idea.Decent layout and nice theme.