Website database problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

qualecoder

Reaction score
Hi there - my website has been up and running fine, no heavy traffic or anything.

Somebody told me my website is down but i had checked not too long before and it was running - no work has been done on the site in order to cause this to stop working.

I check the site myself and it comes up with the error

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

I had this problem before when sorting joomla out before, but that was all 100% sorted and fine.

Any idea why this has happened (i repeat no settings were changed and nothing was done to it at all)

Update!!!
Doing some more reading with people of the same problem - im trying to grab any strands here but have database rights have changed? If so, my guess this is an x10 thing as i made no changes for it to do that?

www.qualecoder.co.uk

EDIT!!!!

I just tried to sign into joomla www.qualecoder.co.uk/administrator

and it shows the same error Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

When on Cpanel, i checked the database and it all seems OK.

EDIT

Also cPanel X is showing that with my server status, the LFD has failed...

Last edited:

qualecoder

Reaction score
Have you tried the same things as mentioned in this thread? Hopefully we'll both get the answer haha what server are you on? Im on lotus... if you go into your cpanel, do you have lfd failed in your server status?

shotoman

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. Turned out in my case that wrong mysql username was placed as the default. I had to change it back. Easy fix, thankfully.

qualecoder

Reaction score
well my username is still the same as it was... but i will try to create a new one and see if i can change it to see how it goes.. brb

back..

no.. nothing yet

no idea what is wrong :mad:

Last edited:

caddlykid

Reaction score
also here same problem. what happen you our database account?

argonath

Reaction score
I went and checked today, and although my website it up and functional, my Wordpress blog and dbase are both down.THey were both working fine after my site came up last Saturday after the global transfer.http://kingdomtools.us/wp-admin/http://kingdomtools.us/wp-admin/indexWith the number of people who are reporting this now... is this a server-wide dbase issue? Were userid/pasword logs lost, etc...?Thanks in advance for the assistance.

qualecoder

Reaction score
I would say so... hopefully they will get on it and then we'll probably all come back online again lol

if we didnt change any settings then something external must have happened

Antarel Nefertili

Reaction score
So it turned out I wasn't the only one with the problem. I also did not modify ANYTHING in my site settings prior to receiving the "Cannot connect to database" error. I really hope that this is an external problem because I checked my databases and usernames and such and they all matched those in my backup that actually worked before. o_O

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Matching your backup is not enough. You have to try my suggestions above. What worked before might not work now and the move often erases permissions.

You have to do it yourself.

If those do not work, try to use phpMyAdmin from cPanel. If it gives you an error, report it here. You are probably on lotus then.

Last edited:

agentok

Reaction score
This problem started last night and progressed into a BIG DEAL TODAY!! i do understand moving to new servers but please keep the accounts stable while moving that in its self would make this things a lot better for everyone on your service.

Thanks.

Edit: descalzo i am still on lotus and i have done a Check DB & a Repair DB and i checked the ALL PRIVILEGES and its all checked and i am still getting Wrong username/password. Access denied. in the Mysql and my website url is http://hte.x10hosting.com/hte/
Any help would be great.

Thank You.
agentok

Last edited:

qualecoder

Reaction score
Problem solved..

logged on this morning and my website is up, joomla admin shows, and i can now get into phpMyAdmin

lfd still failed though.

Hopefully everyone else has had theirs solved now.. so if yes then /thread close (ill leave it open for now)

one final point for x10, please try to give people some warning for each site, a standard message or something is fine - then people will know what the down time was because of.. not thinking they have to completely redo joomla or w.e.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.