Website down; Asked to link hosting account at login

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenchuan

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I set up my website on March 13 (http://www.wchp2.x10hosting.com) for a school project and originally the website worked fine.

Recently, I was working on updating the website and I discovered that the website no longer exists. I tried to log in through the login on the front page of x10hosting.com, and it asked me to link my hosting account.

I checked the e-mails that I have received from x10hosting - as I had kept all of them, and so far in total I have received 5. One that asked me to confirm that I had intentionally created an account on the forum, one to welcome me to x10hosting, one to confirm the hosting account that I created, one to tell me that the account had been created, and the last one to confirm the account linking.

I'm confused about the whole "link hosting account" that the site is asking me to do, as I recalling having done that last month when I signed up for an account. I've checked my emails, and from what I have listed the only two usernames that I could possibly be using would be 'wenchuan' and 'wchp2', yet for some reason it tells me that an error has occurred and that the hosting username I have specified does not exist.

If someone can help me out with this, I'd really appreciate it. I really need the website to be up and running for my project, and maybe because this is my first time dealing with a website, online server and everything, I'm not too sure what's happening. Either way, I hope someone can get back to me soon. Thanks.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
When was the last time you logged into the forums? Under our Terms of Service, we require users to login to the forums once every two weeks. If you fail to do this, your account is suspended. If you fail to resolve the suspension within a 10 day period, the system automatically terminates the account.

7. Inactivity
Accounts found to be inactive are suspended for a 10 day period and then terminated. All data including any type of backup or stored information is removed with the account. To prevent an account from being suspended for inactivity it is required users visit the x10Hosting forums located at http://forums.x10hosting.com at least ONCE every TWO WEEKS. Accounts must also have a working website within one week of account creation. If you don't use your webspace we will give it to someone who will.

wenchuan

Reaction score
Oh wow. I didn't know that. Is there any way I can get the account back up? Do I need to reapply or something similar?

Chris73

Reaction score
If you have not logged into the x10hosting forums for 2 weeks. The account goes into an "Inactivity" suspension.
You the have about 10 days to request that the suspension be lifted. Failing to do so the account automatically gets terminated.
If this is the case you then can use this link http://x10hosting.com/logout and resign up for another account.

We ask that all user make back ups of their website. That way if they are unable to keep it active and it does indeed get terminated they will have a back up copy and then it's just a simple sign up again and ftp the backed up site to the newly created account. So if you choose to sign up again please make sure you make a back up of your site every so often.

Status
Not open for further replies.