WEBSITE FOR NEW OPERATING SYSTEM ! What do you think?

charifield51

Reaction score
Creating an operating system, so decided to go public on it.

I value your opinion on it, so what to hear what you think about it. You can use the discussion page or here to post what you think:

http://hexadecimal.x10.mx

Thanks guys!

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Wow, that's an interesting idea! It looks like you took Windows and made it part Mac.
But for now, let's just review the website, not the product. Undoubtedly the thing that annoys me the most is the Animated GIF in the top left corner. Moving objects is always what the person is drawn to first, so it makes it hard to focus on the actual content.
Fixing spelling mistakes is crucial here. If you can't speak English, neither can the product, and who knows what coding errors might be found in it if you don't notice something as simple as punctuation! Given, the video seems not to have that many spelling mistakes in it, so at least the OS works.
Maybe put an emphasis on how it's virus free... a whole Operating System can do a lot of things, and that makes me slightly cautious of it completely wrecking my machine. Also, make it clear how to revert back to normal Windows if a user does not like the OS. As foreign of a concept it may seem to you, somebody... *might* want to uninstall it (not saying that I do).
Don't use Discus before it's too late - I don't know if it's just me, but I've never had it load properly before. I don't know if it's because it's blocking me out because I'm in Canada or something, it won't load.
I love the footer!

learning_brain

Reaction score
Scary as hell!

OK - here goes with the review...

First impression... slick site with simple, open and modern design.

Nice use of the initial browser fold.

I understood the purpose of the site within a few seconds - something many sites lose sight of.

Nice favicon.

Consistent good use of meta titles.

Nice little animated gif for the logo although the actual title is small and smacks of a standard CMS option...

wb? wibiya? not familiar with this system but it seems to do a good job.

However..

It is a fixed width design and doesn't offer progressive re-sizing options. This ain't good considering the increased use of mobile/tablet devices.

The css is a real mixed bag of differing styles - all of which seem to be copied from page to page with no common stylesheet link. This will make site-wide changes a pain.

The js rollover works well enough, although your background image has some nasty aliasing along the edges of the iphone and monitor. Have you cut these out yourself? Whatever package you're using - have you got anti-aliasing to get rid of the stepping?

You're welcome to ditch the use of meta keywords - none of the major search engines use them anymore, and Google will represent the vast proportion of organic search hits.

I note on your download page, you have more interaction from visitors - a fact not present in the discussions page. Is there any way to combine these? Or possibly make the visitor more aware of the feedback on the download page at the top of the page?

As for my own personal opinion of downloading such firmware - hmmm...

First off - what's in it for me other than a-another OS skin?

Does it speed up applications?

What implications are there to the underlying OS security and Anti-virus?

If the site told me... that menus were more intuitive... it was designed around touch-screens.... it allocated threads to multiple cores more effectively.... it managed contiguous and fragmented files on-the-fly.... it offered fluid cross-over to mobile devices.... cloud backup was built-in..... that it has 1.2 million downloads already... that this isn't a beta..... that it wasn't developed by just one person...

...then I would be pretty excited!!

Don't get me wrong - What you have achieved is great. Other people however are instinctively cynical and will be scared to death of ruining the current OS - an already tried and tested system backed up by some almighty corporation.

You catch my drift?

Hope this is of some use.

Rich

Last edited:

charifield51

Reaction score
Wow, that's an interesting idea! It looks like you took Windows and made it part Mac.
But for now, let's just review the website, not the product. Undoubtedly the thing that annoys me the most is the Animated GIF in the top left corner. Moving objects is always what the person is drawn to first, so it makes it hard to focus on the actual content.
Fixing spelling mistakes is crucial here. If you can't speak English, neither can the product, and who knows what coding errors might be found in it if you don't notice something as simple as punctuation! Given, the video seems not to have that many spelling mistakes in it, so at least the OS works.
Maybe put an emphasis on how it's virus free... a whole Operating System can do a lot of things, and that makes me slightly cautious of it completely wrecking my machine. Also, make it clear how to revert back to normal Windows if a user does not like the OS. As foreign of a concept it may seem to you, somebody... *might* want to uninstall it (not saying that I do).
Don't use Discus before it's too late - I don't know if it's just me, but I've never had it load properly before. I don't know if it's because it's blocking me out because I'm in Canada or something, it won't load.
I love the footer!

Enjoyed reading your review! I really appreciate your opinion!

I have been getting mixed comments about the animated Gif, some people love it and some people don't. I personally love it and many people agree. I will definitely consider your opinion on it.
As for the spelling and punctuation, I am actually from Africa, thus my English skills are not to par with English Speaker's standards. Learning as I go! Im surprised to hear you say the Video doesn't have "that many" sooooooo. Could you pleeeeeease state some in it?

As for Disqus not loading properly, I would like to think that it is maybe an ad-blocking software you have because it has a few Ads on it. Thanks again though!

Scary as hell!

OK - here goes with the review...

First impression... slick site with simple, open and modern design.

Nice use of the initial browser fold.

I understood the purpose of the site within a few seconds - something many sites lose sight of.

Nice favicon.

Consistent good use of meta titles.

Nice little animated gif for the logo although the actual title is small and smacks of a standard CMS option...

wb? wibiya? not familiar with this system but it seems to do a good job.

However..

It is a fixed width design and doesn't offer progressive re-sizing options. This ain't good considering the increased use of mobile/tablet devices.

The css is a real mixed bag of differing styles - all of which seem to be copied from page to page with no common stylesheet link. This will make site-wide changes a pain.

The js rollover works well enough, although your background image has some nasty aliasing along the edges of the iphone and monitor. Have you cut these out yourself? Whatever package you're using - have you got anti-aliasing to get rid of the stepping?

You're welcome to ditch the use of meta keywords - none of the major search engines use them anymore, and Google will represent the vast proportion of organic search hits.

I note on your download page, you have more interaction from visitors - a fact not present in the discussions page. Is there any way to combine these? Or possibly make the visitor more aware of the feedback on the download page at the top of the page?

You catch my drift?

Hope this is of some use.

Rich

As for this... VERY in depth! Thanks alot for the opinion!

Took your advice on many of the thoughts you had. Use of Meta Keywords and such.

As for user interaction, people seem to be more driven to communicate with me because of wanting to test, rather than opinions. I would assume because no-one has had the chance to actually test it as yet so they just requesting for a copy

Progressive resizing was an something i desired to implement, but my html skills aren't so advanced as yet. Ill keep learning as I go. The Antialiasing, it is because of resizing. Those files are very large so had to scale, and thus you see the tearing. If it was 1:1, they would be smoothly edged.

Lastly, concerning the information you, the end user, would love to know, you made very valid points! Ill find somewhere to fit everything in there!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS! Please share my page :) Need the support