Website gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meithan

Reaction score
Hi. My website is on Level and this morning when I tried to access it I got a 404 error (it had been working before). I logged in to my cPanel normally and found out none of my website files are there. Is Level under maintenance or something?

Thanks for your attention.

pgord5_576

Reaction score
Mine is gone too. There is nothing in the Status boards either. What can you do? My website is down more than it is up.

meithan

Reaction score
Nothing we can do until we hear from admin. It's a free hosting service so we can't really complain. I just wanted to know if the admins were doing maintenance on Level or something.

Let's wait for some news.

stox10bz

Reaction score
Yup mine is gone too :/

I know its free but ever since the move to level things haven't been great for me :( im now often waiting 30 seconds for pages to load.

RyanThaDude

Reaction score
I think everyone on level is down. I really wish the would give us some word when this happens. The status page shows nothing and no word here. Disturbing...

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There is probably nothing deleted, it's just that the SAN (Storage Area Network -- sort of an external hard drive on steroids) is not available from the server your account is on at the moment. Your site's files and databases are not on the same physical machine as your account's "skeleton". Once the network issue has been resolved, your files and databases should be back. (And I should probably add that the network problem is likely non-trivial; these systems are quite a bit bigger than most people think.)

meithan

Reaction score
My site is back online, everything is working normally now. Thanks, x10! You're still the best free hosting service out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.