Website has disapeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

heeler728

Reaction score
I type my domain into a browser and I get a message that I need to sign up for a free account. When I try and sign up again it tells me my domain is already in use. Well, DUH! :wink:What Gives?

heeler728

Reaction score
I did. This website worked until last week. I have tried uploading to it several times but no no avail. I am really new at this. Sorry.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you upload your index to public_html?

heeler728

Reaction score
I have uploaded my entire page. I use front page and it says the index file is up to date when I try to upload. I hope this helps

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Like I said go to the cPanel file manager or FTP and make sure your files are in public_html, if not make sure the permissions for your index is 755 so that it shows..

heeler728

Reaction score
I have no idea how to do that. Sorry to be so lost, but this uploaded so easy with frontpage originally. I was able to change info, upload... it just took care of itself. Now I have a problem and have no idea how to try and fix it. Thank you for your help and patience.:smile:

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

fangix

Reaction score
I think some FTP knowledge is first and better for you now.

heeler728

Reaction score
Okay, I went to cPanel and I have nothing in Public_html or FTP. All my files are in the Home Directory. I do have an Index File there, to answer an earlier question.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You have to upload your files to public_html for them to show up, not the home directory..

heeler728

Reaction score
Filezilla did the trick. Thank you for all of your help. Not sure what happened with Frontpage, but who cares!!! It works now. Thank you so much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.