Resolved Website missing after domain name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriann7

Reaction score
I created my original site adriannedeville.x10host.com several years back and pointed my domain adriannedeville.com to it. I believe it was a parked domain.

A few days ago I bought adriannesearcy.com. I updated the nameservers and added the domain in cpanel. I then redirected my old domain to the new one at GoDaddy.

I also renamed my domain in cpanel (adriannedeville.x10host.com to adriannesearcy.x10host.com)

Now my website only loads if I use the x10host.com URL. I tried copying the site files in the ftp manager but that doesn't appear to have worked.

Is someone able to help me figure out how to get adriannesearcy.x10host.com to load when going to adriannesearcy.com

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to use what DirectAdmin calls domain pointers. It will make website a.example the same website as b.example. You can also create a second website in DirectAdmin from the Domains screen by adding a new domain.

adriann7

Reaction score
@garrettroyce Thanks for your reply. I must be doing something wrong because I get errors when I try to set the pointer.

"You cannot use that domain as a pointer. It already exists on the server"

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Make sure you don't have it added already as a domain (it can't be a pointer and a domain at the same time). If you were to have multiple accounts, which is against the rules, make sure it's not added on a different account. If you still get this message, maybe an admin can figure out where this domain is.

adriann7

Reaction score
I think I have it figured out now...
I had it added already as a domain. I will remove and update and go from there.
Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.