Website update delays

Status
Not open for further replies.

addozone

Reaction score
I'm changing some of my website files and I find that the changes in the files aren't reflected, even after 15-20 mins (so far). I even tried deleting my main CSS file from the server and the site keeps running fine. I've flushed my browser cache and I've tried multiple browsers – same result.

Does anyone know if there is server caching going on that would cause this? If so, is there a mechanism to flush it? If not, any other thoughts on what might be going on?

UPDATE: After roughly 40 minutes, my update is now showing, so I assume there must be some kind of update caching going on. Any way around this? It's pretty hard to debug network features when you can't push and test.

Cheers.

Last edited:

addozone

Reaction score
Still struggling with this. I made a bunch of changes today and none of it is being updated on X10. It's impossible to test changes if you can't upload and have them become active. Is there not some way to flush (or disable) the server cache associated with a site?

Edit: As suggested previously, I have this line in my htaccess files:

Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"
Edit 2: In case it matters, the files that show as in my X10 directory but aren't seen by my index.php file are .png image files, about 11KB. Previous versions of the image files (different name) worked after a time and still work even though I've removed them from my directory.

Edit 3: If I go to my site and change the folder names to something that is incorrect, the index code picks that up and fails. It seems to be an issue with files. Next thing I'm going to try is deleting and re-adding a folder with the files that aren't being updated.

Edit 4: Ok, I no longer think this is an X10 issue. Here's the scenario:

• .png image is stored in a folder on my site. 11KB. I can access it directly (http://.....) so I now know X10 has published it and it isn't a cache issue.
  • My index.php file won't recognize/load it. But it WILL load a similar .png file in the same folder.
  • My index.php file WILL load a LARGER version of the same image.
Bizarre. Any suggestions welcome.
Edit Final: I found it. I have some grid .js that was imposing size and proportion restrictions. Sorry for all the noise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.