my user name is "pcg".
thanks
love u all.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The account owner for the cPanel username "pcg" has been confirmed to be residing in Iran, a country the United States currently has sanctions against (which is also why Iran is in the country blacklist). Due to this, the account was suspended, and cannot be restored.

pcg

Reaction score
please let me copy my files
there are many other Iranian famous sites on your free server that i can show you.
please just one day to copy my file there are so important for me.
this site is all of my life please help me

hbazer

Reaction score
In short - NO

From "Terms of Service" (TOS)...
8. Suspensions
If an account is suspended for a breach of the Terms outlined above the account holder will immediately forfeit all rights to the account in question including access to any and all files and\or databases located within the account. x10Hosting is under no obligation to provide backups in full or partial to an account holder that has been suspended.*
* bold added by me

SEE --> x10hosting.com/terms

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not just the Terms of Service this time; it would actually be illegal. And now that "other Iranian famous sites" have been mentioned, x10 is under obligation to do due diligence to find ans suspend/terminate them if they actually operate from Iran (expats would be allowed to keep their sites, provided that they haven't expatriated to other sanctioned countries).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to point out that at the time this user was suspended, I did identify and suspend several other Iranian websites I discovered operating on the service. Whether the site is in Persian or not makes little difference though (Persian is Iran's official language); the account owner has to be accessing from Iran, which several I found were not.

Edit: That said, if anyone finds one they think is owned by a user in Iran, I'm more than happy to investigate it.

Last edited:

pcg

Reaction score
i know u are better than disapoint me. please just give me a back up of my databases .
i for iranian websites last time i check my ip there are many *.ir domain on the server you can search ir domains .
i know ur TOS but what about the humanity?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
What you're failing to understand is we do not have a decision in this matter; once we were made aware that this account was owned by someone in Iran, we had no choice but to cease activity immediately under current US Law due to the US sanctions against Iran, and the way cPanel interprets those sanctions. This also means we are not able to provide backups, however that is due to our requirement to enforce our Terms of Service equally - if we provide backups in this situation, we must also do so for account suspended for phishing, warez, and every other ToS violation available as this account did indeed violate our Terms of Service (it violates US Federal regulations by existing unfortunately). We simply cannot do this, as we do have a strict zero tolerance policy that is outlined in sections 6 and 8 of the Terms of Service.

As far as searching the .ir domains goes, that has already been done; you weren't the only user identified in this manner, and all were suspended.

As there's nothing we can do to provide backups or restore the account in any way, I am closing this ticket - your dispute has already been reviewed as well, and unfortunately there is no way to bypass this situation due to the nature of the violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.