Website works but can't log onto FTP anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

coll4954

Reaction score
My site works fine but I can't seem to logon to my FTP server anymore to upload files. When I try in FileZilla I get an error message saying critical error and that it can't establish connection with the server.
When I try to connect to the FTP via Firefox it says "530 Login authentication failed". I know I am using the correct username/password.
What is wrong?

Edit: I am on the boru server.

Last edited:

coll4954

Reaction score
Please can someone answer? It still doesn't work, I really need to get on my FTP account. I have an alternative account at x10hosting and I have the same problem there, is there some standard FTP configuration that has changed since x10hosting updated all the servers? I desperately need some advices on what is wrong! Any help appriciated. Thanks in advance.

coll4954

Reaction score
I managed to solve the problem. Host was supposed to be *websitename*.x10hosting.com, not ftp.*websitename*.x10hosting.com (this must have changed recently as I always have used the latter one before).
Thanks anyway...

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Sorry for not replying your support request. I am glad you solved your problem. Since Your problem is resolved Now. I am going to close this thread to mark it as resolved. Feel free to create a new thread if you need more help.
***Thread Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.