Websites down

Status
Not open for further replies.

amvarchitecture

Reaction score
I have two websites with x10, one on Chopin, the other one on Absolut. The one on Absolut has been down for about a week, and the one on Chopin just went down today. When I login to either of my accounts, it says that everything is active, and I don't have any error messages of any kind.

Whats the problem?...I understand that X10 is transferring accounts around, is that almost done? I'm getting tired of the 50% uptime, even if my accounts are free right now...

edit: I just saw read one of Corey's posts about transferring the accounts...The problem is I only read http://status.x10hosting.com/, and nothing was being posted there, so that's why I was confused.

Anyways, when should I expect the "madness" to be over?

Last edited:

mavr1c

Reaction score
The most frustrating part is there seems to be many places one needs to search rather a single point of contact for outages. I got a note that its all done on Chopin 2 days ago and yet its all down again today and I have yet to stumble on why!?
I guess it would be too simple to have a single place to post known outages. Ping the server and it's in Chicago one day and back in Denver the next. This whole mess seems to have been an April fools for weeks now. Doing one thing at a time and doing it well beats screwing everything up for days or weeks at a time.
We the victims can only hope that the constant "it should be all over soon" will indeed be soon and we can enjoy the promised stability for many years to come!

fekete

Reaction score
The most frustrating part is there seems to be many places one needs to search rather a single point of contact for outages. I got a note that its all done on Chopin 2 days ago and yet its all down again today and I have yet to stumble on why!?
I guess it would be too simple to have a single place to post known outages. Ping the server and it's in Chicago one day and back in Denver the next. This whole mess seems to have been an April fools for weeks now. Doing one thing at a time and doing it well beats screwing everything up for days or weeks at a time.
We the victims can only hope that the constant "it should be all over soon" will indeed be soon and we can enjoy the promised stability for many years to come!

There is NOTHING in "Service Alerts" and nothing in "News and Updates" the two sources I usually visit first for known outages of any sort. I would prefer a single place to report known outages too but this seems to have escaped the management team. Hopefully lessons will be learned from this intolerable mess and avoided in future.

Users are afraid to report outages because of the "SUPPORT" very loosely used term here people berating users for not reading the annoucements (where these are are still a mystery). Support of any sort voluntary or paid is only helpful if solutions or answers are provided not merely criticism of the victims. If a support person dosn't have a value add answer they should not make comments that only adds to the frustration and confusion and provide no help to the user with the problem. If you point a user to a specific forum it should have an answer to the user's problem unlike the current examples I have seen.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
There is NOTHING in "Service Alerts" and nothing in "News and Updates" the two sources I usually visit first for known outages of any sort. I would prefer a single place to report known outages too but this seems to have escaped the management team. Hopefully lessons will be learned from this intolerable mess and avoided in future.

Users are afraid to report outages because of the "SUPPORT" very loosely used term here people berating users for not reading the annoucements (where these are are still a mystery). Support of any sort voluntary or paid is only helpful if solutions or answers are provided not merely criticism of the victims. If a support person dosn't have a value add answer they should not make comments that only adds to the frustration and confusion and provide no help to the user with the problem. If you point a user to a specific forum it should have an answer to the user's problem unlike the current examples I have seen.

*cough* http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/115601-updates-upgrades-etc.html *cough*

Just my two cents :)

~Callum

mavr1c

Reaction score
Keep coughing but you are proving the last two points! NOTHING in Upadets except that the two referenced servers are DONE (Chopin and Absolut) and should be working, yet accounts on both are down.

Not sure what the cough was for but better take something for it! This type of post is a wate of everyones time.

fekete

Reaction score
Absolut is trucking along but you are right Chopin is supposed to be working. 50% right not bad percenatge.

mavr1c

Reaction score
At least your message is informative and contains facts instead of pointers to obsure on non specific information.
The latest info is that Chopin is up and running. Absolut is work in progress, anticipated completion is this weekend. ( I am NOT a support volunteer just trying to ease the pain).

I wish ALL support posts were as helpful and informative. Sure beats sarcasm and threats.
I am convinced that all staff are working their butts off to provide the best service possible and the majority of the frustration and confusion is the result of "volunteer support"

A single "server status" page would eliminate the need for volunteers to stir the pot.
The page should list all servers and their current status, updated immediatly when an issue is discovered with a severity ranging from 1-5 1 all users affected to 5 where some users are affected (perhaps indicating anticipated uptime with further updates as issues, resolution time become known).

Status
Not open for further replies.