weird joomla problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vetrasputns

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I reinstalled Joomla 1.0.12 on my hosting account last week & after that I get very wierd problem with character encoding: my default encoding for language file is windows-1257 (Baltic), but browsers (IE & FF) shows that encoding is Western European.... Instead of correct Latvian symbols I get strange symbols & text is unreadable.... Can someone help me & point to problem?
Link to my Joomla installation is: http://stormmedia.biz.tm

BEST WISHES!!!
/Vetrasputns/

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Well... your site is supposed to be in either English, Spanish, or French...

Vetrasputns

Reaction score
It means - no Latvian? :( I had a plan to ad English version to Latvian, but now it looks like I will have to make it just in English.... Or is there any possibility in supporting Latvian? ;)

BEST WISHES!!!
/Vetrasputns/

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Your site needs to be mainly in one of the supported languages ( English, Spanish, or French ) then it can have a way to translate to Latvian. But the main site, when the Account Managers go to visit, needs to be in one of the 3 languages listed above.

Vetrasputns

Reaction score
Ok... I will make English version now...
Edit:
It's in English now... I added Latvian too & can someone now help me to correct this strange error? ;)

BEST WISHES!!!
/Vetrasputns/

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not very familiar with the different language types, you might want to search google for a solution. Since we don't support languages besides English, Spanish, and French it could possibly be our encoding, I am not sure.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.