Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarinC

Reaction score
Logged on to cpanel tonight, made some changes here and there, i visit my site and the changes havent occured.
did some investigating into why this would happen, this is what i learned.

the cpanel i connected to was the sustained server(66.232.119.248, one with the missing images on cpanel :D), this is the server that i made changes to.

when i visit the site, i get connected to the free server(66.232.109.231), the server that dont have the changes.

when i ping my site, www.wc3.x10hosting.com, this goes to sustained server, when i ping wc3.x10hosting.com, it goes to free server. (for those that dont notice the difference, one was www.)

When i try to visit www.wc3.x10hosting.com it doesnt work..

Hard to explain as it is an unusual issue.. But i would really appreciate it if someone was to just leave me on 1 server so that everything works (preferebly the sustained server :D).

Ty for reading.

Zenax

Reaction score
when i visit both url, they both point to what seems to be the same page!

so I can't find your problem, other than that DNS seems to be pointing to different servers? however I aint no expert on this, so I would wait for someone to verify what I just said!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Something Corey had said might apply here - when your account is moved to the sustained server, the free one remains for a few days in case something didn't get copied.

I'm betting your free account is still there which might be causing the bug.

Other than that, it might just be that DNS didn't quite finish updating yet, hence it points to 2 places.

TarinC

Reaction score
i pinged both with www and without. they both now point to the same server. problem has fixed itself, mite have been a dns issue.

ty for helping.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.