Welcome page instead of my index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

korea936

Reaction score
Why does my index page keep getting replaced with the new account welcome page. This has happened every couple of months recently. This account has been up and running for almost 2 years now. When this happens I cannot upload anything to the website also. When trying to publish to the website I get the could not connect to server error. This website is for a group of Korean Veterans and they use the site sporadicly to keep track of deaths of friends they served with and reunion updates. I log into the forums at least every 2 weeks, usually once a week to keep track of the Lotus server, so the account is not suspended to my knowledge. I do not think this is associated with the server move as it was happening before the move. Thank you for your help.

Korea936 webmaster

edited to add: I have deleted the welcome index page and renamed mine already. Also followed all other instructions that I could find in the knowledge database. Status says that Lotus server is up and running also. I had the same problem on March 18, 2010.

Last edited:

brinni1

Reaction score
You could try creating a ."htaccess" file in the public_html folder and add

DirectoryIndex index2.html

Also rename your index.html file to the name index2.html

So if the web server replaces the index.html it would not matter because you would now see the
index2.html as the homepage

Hope this helps if not feel free to ask again

Adam

korea936

Reaction score
Thank you for the help brinni1. If it does not work I will post here again.

Edited to add: unfortunately this did not work. I also have a support ticket put in. for some reason this happens just about every 2 months to the date. Thanks for trying to help. Wish it would have worked. Seems like every time they do something with Apache is when it happens.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you saying that your index.html is removed and the "Welcome to your new x10hosting account" page is physically put in its place?

korea936

Reaction score
Thank you for your help everyone. Support took care of it for me. Happens every time they update Apache for some reason.

korea936

Reaction score
Yes, that is what happens. My index.html is still there, but welcome html takes over for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.