What Antivirus do you prefere??

• Thread starter themasterrocker
  • Start date

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
There's many different anti virus that I preferred to use so far Avira and Nod32 and Kaspersky are one of those I using for different computers. They are good and very light resources application which does not hinders your usage on a computer when working on some really big project which has many files to scan on demand.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I have Linux, but I have the AVG free edition, just in case :D

I like AVG free, but I don't think it does automatic scans.

T

themasterrocker

It probs doesn't lol, however, I've never tried linux. I've just asked my parents about getting a new computer and they said i gotta pay for it and i agree, but i'll get the finance of buy now pay next year on it and then install Drive Sentry and Spybot S&D on it because we haven't got anything else :p Thing is i got a budget of £520 and i need a gaming computer :p and they are like £1000 its too harsh :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Dazz

Reaction score
I recommend Avast Home Edition, its free, it has a small footprint and I've used it for years without problems. I was tempted to try AVG free edition but I read somewhere that they have a lot of false positives when scanning.

I have also used Kaspersky in the past however the cost of running it far out way any advantages over Avast. Also I have to agree that Norton is a pig when it comes to resources and is possibly the most effective way of grinding your system to a halt, short of a sledge hammer or trying to install Windows :thefinger

REBEL21

Reaction score
The best Anti virus today is AVG as you can get a free edition and has very good support it also comes with the same features as norton but it is faster to load and hardley needs any memory or CPU to run

www.jamiesrebellion.exofire.net
Games, chat and more!

T

themasterrocker

Yeah guys, I haven't heard of Avira Antivir, but i might look it up and i know for a fact AVG is totally out of the question. I hate AVG! I've come across it serveral times on my friends computer and like its just a pile of rubbish. I think it should be made more easier to use and more user friendly rather than too complicated. he has to call me round his to set a scan going! that how unuser friendly it is!

Domenico

Reaction score
The newest version of AVG free is much more easier to use.

Last edited:

mattura

Reaction score
Kaspersky seems pretty decent, and I get it for free for banking with Barclays (UK)
Edit:
I used to think AVG was alright, but their (not so) new version seems so invasive! It takes over peoples browsers with all this 'safe search' and junk and makes things all so slow running all sorts in the background!

Last edited:

martinj

Reaction score
I used to pay Norton too much every year for three computers. After seeing a lot of students at the university I work using AVG I decided to try that. I have had no problems with it.

Also, second vote for mac... what virus?

Domenico

Reaction score
Kaspersky seems pretty decent, and I get it for free for banking with Barclays (UK)
Edit:
I used to think AVG was alright, but their (not so) new version seems so invasive! It takes over peoples browsers with all this 'safe search' and junk and makes things all so slow running all sorts in the background!
I notice absolutly no diffrence in performance on even my oldest computer with AVG. Safe search is awsome, it lets you see if a site on google/yahoo/etc. is blacklisted as a driveby download/spyware/etc. site.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
What Antivirus software do you guys prefere?

I just ran out of a subcription of CA Antivirus and that was alright, but I prefere Mc Afee but if i cba to buy it because it's expensive to buy for 4 computers. Therefore i get freebies e.g Spyboy Search and Destroy and Drive Sentry 3.1.2 Which is what i have at the moment and they work really good with each other and i have them on all the computers.

I think that Kaspersky is the best AV. It has over 1 million malware definitions, offers complete protection and barely affects system resources. Definitely worth it but a bit pricey. If your tight on cash, get BitDefender. It is almost as good for $25 one year subscription. I made a poll to help you out ;)
Edit:
I notice absolutly no diffrence in performance on even my oldest computer with AVG. Safe search is awsome, it lets you see if a site on google/yahoo/etc. is blacklisted as a driveby download/spyware/etc. site.

That feature is on many Anti Viruses except it is mostly listed under parental controls. You could accomplish the same thing by restricting yourself.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Get bitdefender its cheap 24.95 for 3 PCS right a coupon.