Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Explain in a Post)

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

halohalo

Reaction score
Though Apple products such as their Personal Computers and Notebooks have a smaller share of the market than their competitors, Apple owners tend to be absolute freaks about their ownership. Some own multiple Apple products as a proud sign of support. Do you own any Apple products? If so, which ones? Post a discussion comment about why you like/dislike it or what you'd like to own if you had the cash.

I am an owner of an old G3 Apple iBook and an iPod Mini. I love Apple's products and I find that every time I look at the Apple website or pass an Apple store, I'm salivating and pining away for my next purchase. These guys definitely have a savvy for sexy design and marketing prowess. I get sucked in by their fancy displays every time. Just think about the hype over the iPhone. Now they're marketing a new iPod, called the "touch", which uses the same interface as the famous iPhone.

In an open letter to iPhone owners, Steve Jobs made an interesting comment which I think is generally relevant to life in our technological world:

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon.
An Open Letter to iPhone Owners

I think Steve Jobs puts it well.

So in whatever phase of technophilia or technophobia you are in, let's settle down and talk about Apple products. What do you own (or want)?

Attachments

• ipod_hero_touch_20070905.jpg
    ipod_hero_touch_20070905.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 21

KowKing

Reaction score
iMac, MacBook Pro, iPod (2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th generation), iPod shuffle (1st, 2nd generation), iPod nano (1st, 2nd generation), iPhone.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I have an iPod Nano Second Gen 4GB in Green.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Mac mini, Ipod nano classic and the video one.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
None! I'm not the Apple fan; although they have made some nice innovations, it's all fluff I can live without (not to mention the plenty of money I save by doing so). Don't see how Mac users can bash Windows, I haven't had any major problems!

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I have an IPOD Classic, I bought long back, since then I have been laid back about apple products....

DMacK

Reaction score
I don't own any Apple products. Not against apple just don't happen to own anything from them.

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
iPod Mini. In case you don't know what it is, it is the generation after the iPod classic, but before the iPod Nano.

mitamata

Reaction score
There is no 'None' option :shifty:

I don't have any of their products. I'd like an iPod, but I very rarely listen to music, so it'd probably be a waste of money. I also wouldn't mind an iPhone, but that one's mostly out of curiosity.

admael

Reaction score
Ugh, Apple products.

I use to love them when I was a child because of the GUI and aesthetic eye candy. But my curiosity is too great and I'd love to take apart electronics to see how they work. And Apple is infamous for focusing on the contrary to that since you can't even change a battery without letting Apple know.

That being said, I own an iPhone, I purchased it after I heard they dropped drastically in price-- can't pass up a deal.

halohalo

Reaction score
Don't see how Mac users can bash Windows, I haven't had any major problems!

I was careful not to bash windows in my original post because as we speak, I'm typing out my post replies on my Windows-based PC. As a technology enthusiast, I find that it is helpful to keep on top of the different tech "camps" to get an appreciation for the direction that technology is progressing.

My Apple ownership includes some pretty old Apple technology but I wanted to get a handle on the whole OS-X thing and found the *nix backend to be a very edgy feature. That being said, my household also includes a Linux PC and a Windows XP machine as well as Apple.

Overall, I have been pretty satistifed. None of my machines have given me any grief or major problems - which goes to show that OS technology as a whole has come a long way over the past decade towards stability and reliability.

For those who do not own an Apple product, at what price (hypothetically speaking) would you consider owning a piece of Apple?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
For those who do not own an Apple product, at what price (hypothetically speaking) would you consider owning a piece of Apple?

It'd have to be the pricing equivalent of an average Dell PC IMO. Even then I'd want all Windows games to be compatible, and not to mention pre-installed software to change the Apple GUI (I will never be able to get used to it)

When it comes to MP3 players, they are priced competitively; Apple would be better off allowing more formats like the Creative Zen series does. Personally I don't have time to listen to music, and I'm on the verge of selling my 30 GB Zen Vision M

KowKing

Reaction score
It'd have to be the pricing equivalent of an average Dell PC IMO. Even then I'd want all Windows games to be compatible, and not to mention pre-installed software to change the Apple GUI (I will never be able to get used to it)

So basically, you want something that looks like crap, to be bloated down with SecuROM and crash due to bad DLLs altering your user theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.