What are the Features of a Killer Game?

dstravelwriter51

Reaction score
I'm interested in creating a sort-of text-adventure (with buttons and graphics) game for my website "Traveling Friends of Drake Snow", so that I can replace the dumb existing forums and the wonting frontend.

I was thinking of building a text-adventure running off a forum (which I will code on my own, although help would be much appreciated, but I have to have my own CSS or the game will stink) back-end, running with either MySQL or PgSQL, and allowing members to socialize while solving several plug-and-play mysteries (the master game is the site; the site is a huge game that can be extended over its 3-day game play period with extensions made in the form of "upload-save-and-delete-original" Server HTML files for more game play).

Obviously my site is about travel, so I need some ideas for a Killer TA Game involving solving whodunits on a tourism/vacation type plot.

I am just looking for a list of ideas from people willing to help out.

Anybody have ideas as to how I can code, how the game should look (minus trying to fix my CSS until I ask for that), what plot turns the master game should take, etc?

Please reply. Thanks.

PS - Need any more information? Just email me.

Thanks again.

Drake Snow
ngz