What can you do with a VPS?

Wolfhaze

Reaction score
I'm attempting to get a group that I work with to move their web hosting to x10Hosting. For now, our needs are very small and can be filled from the free services or the lowest-tier paid plan.

However, the group also plans to run a MUD (a real-time, persistent text-based game) further on down the road and I want to know if its possible to do this with a VPS reliably?

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You can do anything with a VPS. Just as with a dedicated server, you have full root access to the server and can install anything you want to (as long as it doesn't break the VPS TOS: http://x10hosting.com/tos-vps.php).

Running a VPS would require knowledge of Linux based operating systems and knowledge on using the command line efficiently because Linux servers have no GUI (unless of course, you manually install one).

I've had the VPS service for quite some time now and I am extremely pleased. I would recommend it.

Last edited:

The Real Rebel

Reaction score
Yeah one word, Anything!

The vps service is amazing go ahead and buy it and you will be pleased!

masshuu

Head of the Geese
Community Support
Enemy of the State
Reaction score
Only buy it if you know how to use linux. If you don't, your best bet is to hope someone on your team does, and if not, you'll need to learn how to use linux.

Also the VPS's do have some restrictions in the tos, the main one i see are torrents. You cannot run a tracker, or download torrents via your vps