What CMS do you suggest?

suphwed55

Reaction score
These are awesome!!
I will definitely be linking to this and building out from some of your ideas!

binil

Reaction score
Use Wordpress as CMS. Its one of the easiest to use and upgrading/maintaining it is very simple. If you want an integrated forum to go with wordpress, use simple:press.

http://wordpress.org/
http://simple-press.com/

You could try out bbpress from the makers of wordpress - but its very limited in features and doesn't provide the same level of integration as simple:press.

tekkie77

Reaction score
I use Joomla!, It's great! One con: It is kind of hard to start, but when you get the hang of it, It is so easy!:biggrin:8)

v4xde

Reaction score
Hi all,
What ever CMS you use, you need to feel confortable using it, and it must be easy for your eyes.
V

lenkbreak

Reaction score
I Like joomla very much. It's so complete and many extensions to support it.
Wordpress is easier than Joomla (for me).

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Joomla for websites. Wordpress for blogs. Both have a lot of good features and extensions.

infopage

Reaction score
You got to go with WorPress...the plugins available are endless, etremely useful, and easy to use..

..also the theme designs are easy to install, just take a look at one of my WP sites:wink:

fraxx

Reaction score
Drupal is future.
I like Joomla but simply and with no doubt Drupal is more powerfull.

oraya68

Reaction score
I actually think Joomla is quite restricting especially in Permissions, PostNuke is so much more flexible. Also creating templates for a PostNuke site is very quick and simple, even to someone with a limited CSS and HTML knowledge could do it. It's just such a shame that as of 2009 they ceased to support it..

Kind regards.
Oraya

a6smile

Reaction score
i use website baker for almost 3 years. it's nice CMS, simple, easy to modify, and the most imfortant it is the most secure CMS that had i try instead i try joomla or wordpress before.
:redface:

twistedklown

Reaction score
depends what you want to do...

Wordpress is great for the blog style and is easy to mod.

But if you want more on forums joomla and wordpress both suck...

SMF forums has a portal and lots of addons that you can use to turn SMF into a pretty good CMS, easy to install / mod.

Most CMS seem to be a real pain to intergrate forums and blogs into properly so a heavily customised forum may work better for you depending on your aim of the site.
Edit:
phpbb and mybb can be customed pretty easy too.

Large communities.

SMF and it's portal Tinyportal are great, and easy to use and customize. Although I have moved on to Joomla with the phpbb3 bridge. Joomla is a little more complex compared to SMF/Tinyportal, but seems to have a bigger and better support and theme selection. lernvid has some amazing themes for joomla.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Drupal is the best CMS if you know how to use it the right way

contact85

Reaction score
i suggest wordpress or a joomla,

wordpress = easy
joomla = cool

:tongue: