What coding languages do YOU know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohail

Reaction score
Ok well i know HTML, Action script (used for Adobe Flash), Very basic PHP, CSS, BBCode, Very basic JavaScript and i am planning to learn advanced PHP, C++, Java, ASP and a few more that i can't remember right now.

annabult

Reaction score
Perl : expert
C, C++ : advanced
HTML, JS, CSS : middle
java : beginner
but actually, when you know perl, you know also python, rubis, jython, skill, etc ...

mattura

Reaction score
Ok, here goes:
HTML, CSS, javascript, actionscript, ajax, PHP, SQL, perl
C etc, Java (basic), python, ada, scheme, prolog, intel x86 assembler, linux shell script (bash usually), basic (ZX spectrum & beyond!), MSDOS (ie batch files), brainf*ck
a bit of compiler stuff like yacc, lex, flex, bison (well hey I wrote a compiler for C--)
modelling: UML, B
and hey, lets all not forget LOGO!

50 credits if you can guess what (UK) uni I went to!

eboyer

Reaction score
I know C#, MYSQL, Some C++, Java, Some PHP, HTML, and a little VB.

Still learnign and exmaping on php, and c++ and php

deadimp

Reaction score
C++ - intermediate/advanced, main language overall - haven't used it in a while
PHP - intermediate/advanced, main language at the moment
MySQL - intermediate
JS - intermediate
HTML/CSS - intermediate
Java - intermediate - I don't really like the language
VB - intermediate - I hate Basic
GML - a great C-style language to start programming with

I've been planning on learning D (because it looks neat) and C# (since its popularity) for a couple of years now, I just haven't had much incentive yet.

lambada

Reaction score
For me it's
(X)HTML, CSS, PHP, Pascal, some BASIC, some C++, some JavaScript, and very little Perl (Listed in order of proficiency best to worst)

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Hmmm... quite a variety.

I know
- HTML
- CSS
- Javascript
- PHP
- AJAX
- Visual Basic(6)
- C++
- VB.NET
- C++.NET
- Action Script (2.0)

and I think that is it. My best language is Javascript, and while I still think I've got a lot to learn, most people seem to think of me as some sort of guru. Of course I know HTML and CSS, as it seems everyone does. Still new to PHP, but getting better. I'm not half bad with VB6, but it is the .NET stuff that messes me up, so I never got too far there. and of course I'm not horrible with command line programs in C++(as it is the cousin of Javascript).

arsonistx

Reaction score
I've been learning PHP, getting okay at it.
Other than that, I know xhtml, html, css, javascript, and uhh I think that's it. :)
I started learning C++, but it was a little too hard for me. :p

*Face

Reaction score
Everyone seems to saying things like HTML/CSS - they aren't really coding languages in the usual style, they just add some extra information to some data for reasons such as formatting. AJAX and .NET aren't programming languages either - AJAX is just Web2.0 for DHTML and .NET is a framework.

As for the programming languages that I know, there's PHP, pretty much. Apart from that, I'm fairly proficient at C++ and also am picking up Python.

Sup3rkirby

Reaction score
Everyone seems to saying things like HTML/CSS - they aren't really coding languages in the usual style, they just add some extra information to some data for reasons such as formatting. AJAX and .NET aren't programming languages either - AJAX is just Web2.0 for DHTML and .NET is a framework.

As for the programming languages that I know, there's PHP, pretty much. Apart from that, I'm fairly proficient at C++ and also am picking up Python.
Well, keep in mind this isn't the 'programming languages' thread. it is the 'coding languages' thread, and in that sense AJAX is a coding language. And so then I guess HTML and CSS would fall there, as they are methods of coding information for some purpose(to display information as a webpage). Had this been a programming language thread, a lot of these responses would need some editing, as most of the things listed aren't programming languages, but i guess are acceptable since they all involve some sort of coding.

And as for .NET. While .NET IS a framework, VB6 and the new Visual Basic that is in the .NET programming suites are completely different(for the most part). It wasn't anythink like the change from VB5 to VB6. So while .NET is a framework, the languages used in it are still programming languages that differ from their parents(earlier version of VB and C++, etc.).

memento

Reaction score
what I know?
c/c++
c++ builder
quick basic
visual basic
pascal/Delphi
Assembly
php
javascript
html
css

and a little java

Akisboy32

Reaction score
*takes a deep breath*

I know HTML, PHP, JS, basic CSS, basic C++, basic Java, basic C#, basic mIRC, BBCode, and VBCode. That's all I can think of right now, will edit if I think of more.

(Edit: Just noticed, I know too much :()

I doubt that you know all that...

For me , i am in the middle of learning the best programming language in the entire world - "Java" :worship:

In my opinion , anyone who can speak the English language , he can program with HTML
HTML == Common sense .

baudSmoke

Reaction score
I have atleast a few years experience with the following programming languages and am good at them all.

Java (study 1 year, coding 2 months)
Python, JavaScript, Perl, PHP, html.

Nobody studying Cold Fusion? not me but I thought I would mention CF.

Edit:
How is Ajax aka XmlHttpRequest its own coding?
I could see naming framework as coding, such as MochiKit or Dojo Toolkit. Why would I say I can code in Ajax. What you could say something similar to:
unobtrusive DOM Scripting using Javascript and Ajax via jQuery.

Memory leak free Ajax web application.

Its like saying I know 2 coding languages because I know JSON and Javascript.

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
HTML, CSS, little PHP, A lot of Visual Basic 6.0, some JS, had a look at C# and C++.

Main ones are HTML and CSS, but if you ask me a question on VB then I might just be able to answer it. Providing its not to complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.