What do think about my blog?

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Firstly, it was very slow to load. That may have been the server, but there was a lot of images to load.
My main impression is that the homepage is really quite cluttered. Blogs should have a nice big area showing all of the most recent posts, not small boxes with just their titles.
Your page is also covered with ads, which frankly says you care more about trying to squeeze every bit of profit from your users rather than provide good content. I would recommend stripping down the ads a bit to the bare essentials, it is likely that it will provide better return anyway like that.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think the slow loading is related to the server. It appears to me that there is simply too much stuff to load on the main page, (images, links, ads), so it takes it forever to load. It is clear that you put a lot of thought and work into it, but, as lemon-tree suggested, it needs to be stripped down a little bit.

mikester

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you want reviewed. The 'look and feel' of the site appears fine, but feels slow and sluggish - I'd suggest hand tweaking your layout, images, CSS, and other design elements to get things moving. "Designbot" programs like Artisteer are great for eyeballing ideas - but not so much for production use templates.

Also, it seems like you have a lot of hot-linked images, and content from feeds. Instead of trying to make the feeds look like it's you're content - you should be hosting your own content and using the feeds in very conservative amounts. Ideally, any content from feeds would be publicly identified as such - so people realize that you are not the source or originator of the information they are reading.

If you need a third person to confirm that you have too many advertisements, consider me to be the ump calling 'Strike Three!". It's "TEBLOG", not "TE-Flea-Market", right?

priyaa161

Reaction score
It's really very slow to load. Last time I visited your website, it took me nearly 1-2 minutes, maybe because currently I'm on slow wireless connection and now it is still loading. But as all other said, it is definitely slow.