What do you choose for your blogging platform? Blogger or Wordpress?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I use blogger because it's more features for less work. ;)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Sorry, back, accidentally disabled my account.

adamparkzer, thank you for that extremely useful suggestion. I will remember that :)

I'm feeling left out, I'm going to try blogger.

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I like it. Not many themes, but very simple to use, and a lot easier to set up than wordpress.

I still prefer Wordpress though, as it is customisable and it has loads of plugins. And more themes.

~Callum

EDIT:

I'm just using Wordpress for my website updates. I don't usually do blogging. :)

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
I use blogger because it's more features for less work. ;)

I'm not sure where that came from, I think Wordpress is a lot easier to use and has a lot more features. Wordpress also allows you to filter out your comments to your liking, when with Blogger, you either have to accept it or reject it.

achilleasgr

Prime Account
Reaction score
I would choose wordpress. For a change only, as I have used blogger in the past.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
That`s the problem. Who can say that they use every single feature that their blog offer. I say code your own blog/news engine with only the features that you really need.

vineethmhn

Reaction score
I prefer WordPress over Blogger for a number of reasons but only when it is hosted on my server.... not at wordpress.com

1. WP runs under my full control and I can twist it the way I like. All codes are on my server space. Blogger lacks this feature.
2. WP supports a huge array of plug-ins. Blogger has limited numbers.
3. WP can be a full featured website, combined with a blog.
4. Learning factor is also important. When you tweak WP core files, plug-ins etc, you are learning PHP coding.

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I prefer Wordpress over Blogger. So i can change the templates and its code easily. And I can install and configure on any machine. :)

ah-blabla

Reaction score
I prefer WordPress over Blogger for a number of reasons but only when it is hosted on my server.... not at wordpress.com

1. WP runs under my full control and I can twist it the way I like. All codes are on my server space. Blogger lacks this feature.
2. WP supports a huge array of plug-ins. Blogger has limited numbers.
3. WP can be a full featured website, combined with a blog.
4. Learning factor is also important. When you tweak WP core files, plug-ins etc, you are learning PHP coding.
I am of the exact same opinion. If I had a blog, I would use Wordpress, or possibly some other FLOSS blogging software.

I have tried both WP and blogger, and must say Blogger is *slightly* more "noob" friendly (i.e. it doesn't require any installation), but in everything else WP beats it.

caseypaite

Reaction score
If we are talkin about wordpress.com or blogger.com I would choose blogger. This is simply because I can use my existing google account to create and manage my blog and the free platform on wordpress have too many restrictions. But a self hosted wordpress blog is more preferable to blogger because of the flexibility of the platform. With the free hosting service from x10 we have all we need to create a great website.

marley17

Reaction score
wordpress won the 2009 blogging platform.. i dont know if this one states that they are the best or they are just used by majority..both wordpress and blogger are easy to use.. considering that. but wordpress got a lot of beautiful theme. blogger hasnt... when it comes to seo optimization.. they said blogger is better, cause they were own by google,, well not always true.. why? do some research.. If you just want to stick with blogging for the rest of your online action.. then wordpress would be the right choice. but if you decide that later , that you will be giving out a service or a real dynamic website,,, i advise you use drupal.. chosing the right cms or platform depends on your needs.. also try to consider how fast they update the platform.. this is a good one to fight issues regarding hackers and bad attitude on the net.. which side are you?? i chosse drupal !!!! ;)

Mr. DOS

Reaction score
WordPress, because it's far more flexible. While the backend code is messy as all get out, theming is dead simple but extremely flexible. I also like knowing that I have my data right there in a MySQL database and I can handle it as I like.

--- Mr. DOS

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Wordpress. Because If i want something i will modify the code easily and so many plugins to make it beautiful.

Dazz

Reaction score
Wordpress every time. The sheer ease of use and configurability with all the plugins and themes available for expanding it to what you want.

I've tried Google Blogger but while its easy to use and good for a nooby, I just don't like it :)

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You can develop your own plugins if you want in wordpress. You can even use it as CMS users and you can integrate with forums. A lot can be done with the worpress.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I noticed you linked to Wordpress.com which is hosted by Automattic. Between Wordpress.com and Blogger, I would choose Blogger because I like to edit my themes.

But between Blogger and Wordpress.org (self-hosted version), Wordpress is my definite choice because of its great flexibility. In my opinion, Blogger doesn't come anywhere close to Wordpress.

I used to use Blogger, but I'm happy with Wordpress.org now.

Last edited: