what do you think about the psp?

warlordste

Reaction score
hey guys not herd much talk about the psp just wonderd what do you guys think about it i like the psp for the hand held console just beacuse there graphics are alright the batt last for ages and you can turn it offabnd carry on from where you was up to am stuck on the prince of persia though i can't get past this certain bit any ways what are you opions are about the psp ?

intertec

Reaction score
Well, I like psp actually. You can put in your own firmware which is good and its easy to play downloaded games on it.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the PSP is a viable system yet I don't have a desire to own one. I'm sure if I were younger I would probably pick a PSP over a DS but right now I'm content with just owning one handheld.

Honestly though I'm very thankful that the PSP has held up this long, Nintendo really did need some competition in the handheld market.

deaddevil

Reaction score
I have always liked the psp for a handheld console, but the pricing is too high for it....it should have been priced lesser than the PS2.
Its a very good platform for music, games etc...the memory capacity is a problem too.
Maybe if they had installed some slim HDD in the console it would have been awesome.....

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The PSP is a very good system. Sure, the default Sony software may be a pain at times and the web browser is just crap, but it's good. Runs games nicely. Plus, you can load custom firmware on it (Linux based I believe) and I've heard you can store the original firmware in the battery. I've even heard you can overclock them and run Opera Mobile with custom firmware.

enraged

Reaction score
Pretty okay system, definitely not revolutionary, but not noticeably flawed.

dbojan

Reaction score
What to say about psp it's the best portable game console now. We must love it.

Clinton

Reaction score
Enjoying mine almost everyday. Whether it be gaming or just listening to my podcasts and videos on the way to work.

mikakitty

Reaction score
I wish I could use it as a phone. that way i dont have to carry so much stuff round. But I like it. I want to see if LBP gets released for psp ..... that would be really cool.

cashagany

Reaction score
I got a psp-1000 and even though its the first they keep updating. Then you have add-on camera and GPS which you can buy. Internet is slow but it works. I mean you can't find many faults. Plus it has compatibility with my ps3!

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I wish I could use it as a phone. that way i dont have to carry so much stuff round. But I like it. I want to see if LBP gets released for psp ..... that would be really cool.

I think I've heard of them trying to work on VoIP on the PSP. That would be cool if they can do that and also use the USB port for the VoIP as well.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

There were actually making a Playstation phone up until recently. They just canned it so that idea won't be happening soon.

skai123

Reaction score
There were actually making a Playstation phone up until recently. They just canned it so that idea won't be happening soon.
where did u get that info?
Edit:
I think I've heard of them trying to work on VoIP on the PSP. That would be cool if they can do that and also use the USB port for the VoIP as well.
there's skype...

Last edited:

skai123

Reaction score
maybe they are waiting for psp2

instead of putting the PS brand to SE brand, put the SE brand on PS brand. If you know what i mean. lol

Criptex

Reaction score
When the psp came out, I was expecting I don't know... something different, but I think it's a little hard to control and I don't like the graphics, and it only has one r button and one L button, and that's a little hard to use.

mikakitty

Reaction score
No but seriously I would love the PSP with full cellphone cap. As well as digital Camera. Does sony even make cellphones?

Btw I Love Patapoin ^__^ just sharing.

tridge

Reaction score
I enjoy the PSP but I find myself not using it as much as I thought...maybe only once every couple of months.