What do you think of my service?

poundx10

Reaction score
I am creating a service that allows you to search for any topic, and automatically be added into a chatroom with everybody else who searched for that topic. It's about 80% done. At the moment all chatrooms are linked together despite the topic you search for, but will be fixed promptly once I sort out some PHP.

Anyhow, what do you guys think about the registration process, and the UI so far?

Site: http://pound.ml/ (temporary domain)

ken.gervais89

Reaction score
Your opening page is clean and loads quickly. I'm not a fan of the color you chose, but it works and isn't overpowering.

Maybe I'm being a wee bit picky, but for your password insertions you have first "Password" then you have it say, "Again". Wouldn't "Confirm Password" be more appropriate?

Also, it might be a good idea to include either an "About" that describes what your site is and does, or possibly placing a short description centered along the bottom of the page. Since your site is a unique concept, don't forget to include "Copyright© #pound" followed on the next line with, "All Rights Reserved"or what or whoever you want the site's rights to belong to. You might want to let new visitors know, with a statement that says something like, "Your email address will never be shared with anyone. That is our promise to you."

You might also want to use Google's Adsense, especially if your site does well, traffic wise, to help generate some income.

All in all, I like your idea, and who knows, your's might be the next big name in search sites and end up being purchased by Google for (to quote Carl Sagan) "Billions and billions" Good luck with it, and remember keep having fun with it.

XFHosting

Reaction score
Here is my opinion, but your website can use a bit more work to it, it looks nice already but i think it can have some more work to it. But thats a great work bud!

caftpx10

Reaction score
Your site looks very awesome, especially the ripple animation.
Talking of the animations, the ripple animation is a little broken when using a touch screen as it would ripple on the top left corner instead of where it's being tapped, this was the same exact issue for me until I figured it out. You'll need to get the x and y axis of the touch input to pull it off. An example of the main part (note that I'm using JQuery mobile and the tap event to make it much more responsive) would be to use .pageX and .pageY. I've seen many potential solutions but they either mess up the pointer input or just breaks it as whole, so the solution I've discovered seems to work perfectly.

Not sure if this is was thought of already but it would be nice if there could be a description about the site.

poundx10

Reaction score
Your opening page is clean and loads quickly. I'm not a fan of the color you chose, but it works and isn't overpowering.

Maybe I'm being a wee bit picky, but for your password insertions you have first "Password" then you have it say, "Again". Wouldn't "Confirm Password" be more appropriate?

Also, it might be a good idea to include either an "About" that describes what your site is and does, or possibly placing a short description centered along the bottom of the page. Since your site is a unique concept, don't forget to include "Copyright© #pound" followed on the next line with, "All Rights Reserved"or what or whoever you want the site's rights to belong to. You might want to let new visitors know, with a statement that says something like, "Your email address will never be shared with anyone. That is our promise to you."

You might also want to use Google's Adsense, especially if your site does well, traffic wise, to help generate some income.

All in all, I like your idea, and who knows, your's might be the next big name in search sites and end up being purchased by Google for (to quote Carl Sagan) "Billions and billions" Good luck with it, and remember keep having fun with it.

I wrote "Again" because on mobile devices the "Confirm Password" got cut in half. Also, have any color suggestions instead of the purple I chose?

ken.gervais89

Reaction score
I wrote "Again" because on mobile devices the "Confirm Password" got cut in half. Also, have any color suggestions instead of the purple I chose?

I was going to say, you could simply use "Confirm" but after looking at your new main page, but I wont. No info about the site, nothing about what it's all about, just a search to add an avatar. I mean, shouldn't adding an avatar be part of the registering process, and if none is chosen, creatable after the person is a member.

As it is right now, if I was to come across your web site, either by accident of after having clicked on a wrong link, with just the avatar and skin searches, your site would end up being black listed. I don't think that's the result you want from anyone who visits.

If your main page has nothing in the way of info, you're doing more to lose or scare off potential members than winning any.