What do you think? =)

gonzana

Reaction score
I would appreciate your comments about my first webpage in order to improve it :biggrin:. It is still incomplete... as you could see, there are some gaps that haven't been fullfilled.

Here is the page. Thanks!

phazzedout

Reaction score
Simple website. Nothing really spectacular. I think understand the point of your website. It seems you are creating an online photo album. I would suggest you learn some Javascript and DHTML, you will not regret it. Your photo album can become more interactive with a sort of "free flow" style. I know a site that would help you but they seem to have some soft of hosting service. Just google search DHTML you will find it.

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
I think that is a simple photography website!

Nothing special in it :S

gonzana

Reaction score
Simple website. Nothing really spectacular. I think understand the point of your website. It seems you are creating an online photo album. I would suggest you learn some Javascript and DHTML, you will not regret it. Your photo album can become more interactive with a sort of "free flow" style. I know a site that would help you but they seem to have some soft of hosting service. Just google search DHTML you will find it.

You are right, it's an online photoalbum, so I'm not looking for anything spectacular. Thanks for the advice of learning Javascript and DHTML, I think I will try to apply some slideshow effects when I update the web with "last uploaded images" :biggrin:...

It am trying to mix a slideshow effect with onmouseover, in such a way that 4 or 5 images are shown before clicking and entering in it, and make the effect stop with onmouseout... I have the code that changes the images, but I can't make it work with onmouseover as I want... -_-U

Again, thanks for the advice!

wongers

Reaction score
eeee are you using frame and/or framesets?? eeee that takes me back :) exciting stuff :)

erm, personally i'd begin with looking at your colour schemes, for example, i dont know about you, but i'm not a fan of black backgrounded websites, unless its infused with another colour.

in this instance i can see lots of grey in the info boxes below the image and then a weird off-yellow colour at the top for your headers?

i would probably change the font colour of your headers/titles on the pages and make it reflect the colour scheme and style of the info boxes under each image?

also i think the navigation of the page is a bit challenging on your site, its either because I cant speak Spanish (my apologies if it isnt spanish) but i cant seem to navigate my way back to your index page once i'm in a particular album.

any possibilities of setting up a multi-language site? as england is ignorrant and does not teach other languages at an early age and most teenagers prefer drugs to laerning these days :p

gonzana

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, Wongers!
Yes, i'm using frames =).

First, I thought black could be a good background colour because it highlights the colour of the photos. Do you think a pale colour would be better for the site? =)

Second, yes, you are right. I'm thinking about changing the font colour of the headers, and maybe the fonts themselves... I will take your advise and make it according to the colour of the info boxes ^^.

About navigation, my apologies because it is not translated yet (yes, the language is Spanish!), but of course I want to set up a multi-language site! Under each info box you have the links which leads you to the index page or to the main page of that album. Do you think I should put them in another place? (although I think the main problem now is the language...)

I promise I will translate it into English as soon as I have it finally finished!!