What do you value most in a site's design?

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Elegance, simplicity, originality, ease of view, ease of navigation, loading speed, etc. If possible, put in order from most to least important.

Personally, I'm not too sure (which is one reason I'm making the topic), but I think originality is pretty high up there.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cleanliness, Organization and Speed. They are the most important parts of the site. Slow loading sites are terrible for obvious reasons. The worst is if I have to press reload a few times to get everything to come up. Cleanliness ties in with Organization; information needs to be found without having to visit Google and see if they managed to crawl the site.

Last edited:

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'd have to ditto Smith, and include functionality. If the design doesn't function for it's purpose, it's a poor design.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I tend to be a minimalist. Functionality is everything.

If I cannot find what I want/need, your site is useless.

Originality wins awards. Functionality wins customers.

shaistar

Reaction score
Place to rest my eyes for a second preferably white, nice contrast in color, easy to read content, a way for me to always get back to the homepage, good navigation, and quick links in the footer. So mainly navigation, organization of content, and speed. I also like pictures to supplement words.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Easy to read content is the most important. I dislike dark skinned themes, especially if the content text color is just as dark. organization is also important

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
This is not a topic of debate. Moved to Graphics & Webdesign.

simon.evanz48

Reaction score
The most important thing is a web design project and a website IMHO is a simple layout clean crisp lines a simple colour palette to compliment the design and a simple navigation system and a contact page and details