what forum script are you using???

Monawco

Reaction score
phpbb for its ease of use, 100's of mods 100's of themes and its Free!,

for the last 2 years I have used IPB and learn a hell of a lot from it even made my own mods (sotw ladder script was my big one) for it but now we are back to using phpbb that I have also used for past 4 years and have to say that in a way I like phpbb better. Yes IPB looks good has very good ACP (for the most part) but the modding community in phpbb is bigger and IMO much more helpful.
Demo : free forums

botbg

Reaction score
Simplemachines for the win...literally....It's just so easy and simple to use!

phpbb is just so hard, to add mods you have to edit soo many files, for SMF you just have to upload the zip file, go to the installer and ding, your mod is ready!

Ding mod is done, ding mod is done, I've gotta run, go have some fun, would you like a theme with that? Would you like a theme with that =P

P.S. Obviously IPB and Vbulletin dominate phpbb and SMF....

Last edited:

taha116

Reaction score
SMF is awesome but ive recently deiscoverd an unbeatable software, AEF (advanced electron forums) Check it out, google it

masheen

Reaction score
I have used vbulletin extensively...although its a paid script. but in my own opinion, its probably the best one out there in terms of stability, support, and features. but costs a bit much hehe. If you have the money for it, go buy it and try.

zen-r

Reaction score
Nice.....a few posts ago, someone decided to dig up this 4 year old thread.....and now you're all at it again!

taha116

Reaction score
Eh well, lets just go with it im intrested in knowing what people are using now