What games are you waiting for this year?

humakt

Reaction score
The first month of the new year is behind us and the gaming world is already hyping up this years new releases, so I'd like to know what games are you waiting for the most on 2009.

For me, the two most anticipated ones are Mafia 2 and Infamous. The first Mafia game was truly marvellous in my opinion so I definitely have high expectations from the sequel. As for Infamous, the animation and fx look really great and the trailers hint at an interesting storyline as well. The idea of a superhero game with a GTA style world is something to wait for.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Halo Wars, GTA4's expansion, Resident Evil 5 (although by the demo my hype for the game has deminished), F.E.A.R 2, and on the PS3 side Killzone 2 is the only game I'm remotely interested in so far this year.

I feel like this year is looking to pale in comparison to the last few years we had with games. 2010 will most likely be a much better year for games.

kirtik

Reaction score
Empire Total War.

That's it really, it'll probably last me a while ^_^

skai123

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Halo Wars, GTA4's expansion, Resident Evil 5 (although by the demo my hype for the game has deminished), F.E.A.R 2, and on the PS3 side Killzone 2 is the only game I'm remotely interested in so far this year.

I feel like this year is looking to pale in comparison to the last few years we had with games. 2010 will most likely be a much better year for games.

I think the games for ps3 this year is better than last. and in 3rd party games too.

I waiting for
Street Figher IV
Killzone 2
Infamous
White Knight Story
Heavy rain
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank
The Agency (if there is no monthly fees)
GOWIII( if it makes it this year)
GT5(if it makes it this year)

From PSN
Flower, Fat princess

im prob missing a few games
I most likely wont buy all the games i listed cuz i dont have time/money for all of them.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think the games for ps3 this year is better than last. and in 3rd party games too.

Heavy Rain, White Knight Story, Ratchet & Clank and Infamous don't interest me much. They'd be a rental at most.

The Agency looks bad to me. I have zero interest in that game.

Uncharted 2 may be worth checking out.

If God of War 3 comes out this year I'd be looking forward to that. Sadly there is no release date or any indication that it will be released this year.

If GT5 comes out this year they better have added the car customizing in or it'll be just as lame as GT5: Prologue. That's probably one of my biggest disappointments in a long time.

Last edited:

sarvar

Reaction score
Starcraft 2. That's the only game I want for PC. It'll last for a long time since I'm still playing Starcraft 1. It's a really competitive game (Sport in Korea).

tridge

Reaction score
I can't believe none of you have listed...

Diablo III

Parsa44

Reaction score
Personally i am really looking forward to supreme commander 2. Its going to be so great!