What happen to the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Lol this is my second day with x10. Yesterday was great, I was considering upgrading... unfortunately I can't say the same about today. :rant2:

Paid servers do not experience the same down time as not as many people are on them. You would not experience these issues on a paid server.

huleson

Reaction score
Well if I ever get my free site back up maybe I'll upgrade. Lol.

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sure x10 will pull through. They're great :).

chucklebutte

Reaction score
been with x10 since july this is first time ive ever had this problem the rest of the time has been superb been meaning to move to paid hosting just been busy and didnt see a need to since ive had no problems... after this though i might get on it now lol either way though great service!! lets just get the servers back up :X

jamessmith

Reaction score
I want Chapin or Stoli free hosting!!!

How come they're never slow, but Lotus is always?

May be x10hosting or similar would be better making seperate services on different servers, then hooking them altogether with a central mainframe :D.

Impatient now.
Edit:
been with x10 since july this is first time ive ever had this problem the rest of the time has been superb been meaning to move to paid hosting just been busy and didnt see a need to since ive had no problems... after this though i might get on it now lol either way though great service!! lets just get the servers back up :X

Paying connection bills up here is expensive enough without web hosting fees LOL.
Edit:
*Bashes Lotus*

Last edited:

nchgaming

Reaction score
Trust me when I say that the other servers have had their problems too. Lotus has had many problems in the past, but the server has since been replaced. Over all it has been working VERY nicely, a bit slow at times, but it has been working. The majority of the problems are with people who abuse the services and overload the server, or as this appears to be, attack the servers intentionally. All will be back to normal once they've figured out how to STOP what has happened so it doesn't happen again, the server will then be back up, and we'll all go back to our quiet corners.....

jamessmith

Reaction score
Trust me when I say that the other servers have had their problems too. Lotus has had many problems in the past, but the server has since been replaced. Over all it has been working VERY nicely, a bit slow at times, but it has been working. The majority of the problems are with people who abuse the services and overload the server, or as this appears to be, attack the servers intentionally. All will be back to normal once they've figured out how to STOP what has happened so it doesn't happen again, the server will then be back up, and we'll all go back to our quiet corners.....

That's why I think it may just be a DoS or hard fault.

fezzii

Reaction score
THANK YOU. i have been trying to figure it out for ages.
i kept thinking theres something wrong with firefox.
thanks.

huleson

Reaction score
Maybe if we do the bandwidth dance and pray to the gods of server architecture we'll get our sites back up.
Edit:
I have solved this issue! I bought premium webhosting for 6 months. Lol. Now to reinstall my website...
Edit:
Wait. Crap. Now I can't get my site working because my domain is still pointing to the darn Lotus server. Fooie.

Last edited:

aulrone

Reaction score
I've never had so much problem with a free host before. It's been down almost all day, and there's been prior times where I couldn't connect to FTP and/or the site experienced a major slow down. I don't even have images on my site, just code. I think one of the lotus's users is really killing the server. That's not fair for the rest of us on the server and it's really upsetting me that I can't work on my site.

This should've been fixed by now.

Also, even if lots of people say the hosting on x10 is great, the hosting hasn't been so great on the lotus server. My friends who recommended me this place are starting to get fed up with this server too. Bad experience = bad impression.

Please look into this.

huleson

Reaction score
I'm liking my paid shared Server Load at 0.10 (4 cpus)
And my paid shared memory at 9 %

Versus
Free server load of 21.0
Free shared memory at 89%

You can only expect so much from free services...

jamessmith

Reaction score
May be they just aren't registering any new accounts to Stoli/Chapin :D!!!
Edit:
I hate byethost and I hate Lotus!!!

But I like x10hosting itself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I submitted an emergency ticket immediately when I noticed the lack of service from x10's hosting. I am on Lotus too (obviously) and love the service, when it works. Previously I have experienced incredibly slow performance and now the website has been unreachable for around 5-6 hours now.

I received a reply from x10 not too long ago:

Hello,

Your site should be back up and running now.

-----------------------

Syed
Administrator
http://x10hosting.com

Maybe it was back for 10minutes as mentioned previously in this thread, but it sure isnt now.

DDoS or no, something needs to be done about this soon, as I assume most users like myself have gotten the free hosting to test the service before upgrading to paid.

This is not encouraging me to pay for the service at all.

Please get this fixed ASAP, my website is designed to be a 24/7 available service and this is simply unacceptable. I understand the SLA for a free service would not include 99% uptime service agreement (no SLA does), however this is getting a bit ridiculous.

People who visit a website expect it to work, and if it doesnt work for an extended amount of time, people actually stop visiting or assume the website doesnt exist anymore. This is affecting every user on the server, and in a very bad way.

Last edited:

huleson

Reaction score
Lol I'm totally backwards. I hate the free service so I'm giving paid a shot. XD

Reaction score
Last post in this thread around an hour ago explains that Lotus locked up, was rebooted, failed to come back online after a reboot and is now stuck doing a FSCK (File System Check)

I'd assume an entire file system check of the hard drive would take an incredibly long time, so no guesses to how long we'll have to wait before the service is restored.

*twiddles thumbs*

jamessmith

Reaction score
I'll only pay for an upgrade if my site is successful enough.

I'm evaluating.

Well tight for money at the moment, though I'm looking for members first, but just come back online :D.
Edit:
FSCK never helped me.

I found it obvious my PC has a corruption, but FSCK always overlooks it :D!
Edit:
PRESS THE ANY KEY!

Where's the ANY key!!!

Last edited:

jamessmith

Reaction score
I pay by cash and carry.

I don't trust banks.

I closed my account before the apparent 'credit crunch'.

I could post my stash, or I could use Boku.

Seen as x10 has neither methods for us with old people, I'll stick to free.

Last edited:

jamessmith

Reaction score
That means Lotus is online, but the software is still not fixed :D.

However, mail servers by default don't start automatically.

At least not with my experiencing.

Now I believe the server will crash again because of us trying to log back on :D!!!

Or may they've lost all the files, don't know what to say.

Deleted all our accounts, and have changed the lights manually to look like things are ok :p.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.