what if my site become popular?

abenuka

Reaction score
when i was daydreaming about my site, in my dream i just got into a horrible situation after my site became very popular
X10
took my domain
took my files and give it to another person
see all my private information
change the "created by me" place with "create by them" of the about page
and i can't login with my user name any more

when i tried to file a lawsuit i don't have any thing to proof that the domain and the files were mine and i am sure nobody is gonna believe me.

you may already know i am a newbie in website business.

my question is :-is there any legal ownership i can have at least to fight for my files if it is copied completely by another website, proof i was the starter of the website and other rights. i hope you understood my question and excuse my poor English, trust me i read it like 10 times to make it very clear.

thank you

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
There sure are. If you notice another website taking your content or stealing your files altogether, you can technically request a take down of the information by the site owner. If they're good hearted, they'll be happy to remove the data they took. If however they fight and it's clearly obvious it is your work, you can in fact get your data back/the data taken down through legal means.

There are plenty of information out there. For example, buying a domain and getting it into archive.org can technically help you out a lot. Not only will the domain's WHOIS information show as proof that the content was yours, the creation date of the files on the server as well as the archive.org information can be useful.

qmacadhigh

Reaction score
when i was daydreaming about my site, in my dream i just got into a horrible situation after my site became very popular
X10
took my domain
took my files and give it to another person
see all my private information
change the "created by me" place with "create by them" of the about page
and i can't login with my user name any more

when i tried to file a lawsuit i don't have any thing to proof that the domain and the files were mine and i am sure nobody is gonna believe me.

you may already know i am a newbie in website business.

my question is :-is there any legal ownership i can have at least to fight for my files if it is copied completely by another website, proof i was the starter of the website and other rights. i hope you understood my question and excuse my poor English, trust me i read it like 10 times to make it very clear.

thank you

NICE QUESTION!!!! hehehehe
http://www.pangasinantoursite.x10hosting.com
http://www.qma.x10hosting.com

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I think some hosting service give you a certificate (just for the security you want), at least in my country (India).
Edit:
I think some hosting company give you a certificate (just for the security you want), at least in my country (India). And now on your development period you should stay with x10, I can bet on it, they will never do such thing with you.

Last edited: