What is a good website builder?

jamesyd7798

Reaction score
Ok so I have a blog but I wanted to bring it to the next level so I am trying a website. Only problem is that I want to do it with zero investment at all. So could a few experienced web designers point a new comer in the right direction. Thanks!!

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Only problem is that I want to do it with zero investment at all.
Then that is a big problem.Still as you said you want to take your blog to next level, I assume you have enough experience with blogs and you already be knowing that Wordpress is the best blogging CMS around.
Also its free.
And there are unlimited number of free themes and plugins which will definitely enhance the functionality of the website.
Then if you want to put forums, You can have SMF,MyBB,PhpBB etc.,
If you want to go even further and want to develop a site which acts like a ebay site..go for Magento CMS.It has all features of a shopping cart site..free and by default it has the features.
If you want to integrate all the above you can choose Joomla and corresponding plugins.Certain plugins are free and have necessary functionality..

khopcraft77

Reaction score
I agree with the general population. You should learn web programming and make one out of code.

chefdro22

Reaction score
you can try drupal..
if u are good in blogger then you can master drupal easily..
try learnbythedrop.com to see how to start off video tutorial.

also, u can create themes for drupal or joomla or wordpress or even an html website with artisteer.. i use it...
its good..

so good luck..

Darkmere

Reaction score
Not Found

The requested URL /links.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yeah I am changing stuff around they will be back up when I get done updating

gouri78

Reaction score
Then that is a big problem.Still as you said you want to take your blog to next level, I assume you have enough experience with blogs and you already be knowing that Wordpress is the best blogging CMS around.
Also its free.
And there are unlimited number of free themes and plugins which will definitely enhance the functionality of the website.
Then if you want to put forums, You can have SMF,MyBB,PhpBB etc.,
If you want to go even further and want to develop a site which acts like a ebay site..go for Magento CMS.It has all features of a shopping cart site..free and by default it has the features.
If you want to integrate all the above you can choose Joomla and corresponding plugins.Certain plugins are free and have necessary functionality..

yep, Its the best way >>>>>

michael_29angelo35

Reaction score
- I advised for blogging, use Wordpress.

- Your website will be customizable when you develop using HTML and CSS.

That's only my opinion! :smile:

jensen

Reaction score
DRUPAL is a powerful award winning CMS that would allow you to build great sites.
Only problem is DRUPAL has a very steep learning curve.

I'd advise you to start with WordPress and you'd be a happy user. Nothing complicated, you can even upgrade the versions of WordPress at the click of a button. And easier still you can use "softaculous" to install your stuff.

designdelete56

Reaction score
I recomend you to use Joomla, and if u want, I can install it, put some plugins, templates, or if u want I can make you a template for Joomla, but it will cost and you said that you didn't plan to spend money.. :)
Sooo, I will install it and put a template which you choose.. :)

Best regards, DeleteDesign

Lila Cleary

Reaction score
Hi James,
From my knowledge, a good website builder is Wordpress. I would like to suggest that you create a website or blog using wordpress. It is the most popular content management system and it is free and open source software.
While searching I found an online tutorial which is very informative and a useful tutorial. Give open website tutorials a look, where I learned how to create website in very easy steps. They also covered topics like creating mobile websites and much more.