Votes: 18 94.7%
  • Console

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Mitch

Reaction score
What is better a pc or a console?

What do you think?

I say PC. Because you can do a lot of things with pcs. Including play games.

Avalanche

Reaction score
That is like comparing apples and oranges.

Better for what purpose? For gaming a console may be less hassle free and provide more constant experience. On the PC you can tweak many settings and the hardware can be more powerful.

It's basically down to your own preference.

David_Tiger

Reaction score
i prefer a PC as the RAM, CPU, GFX, HDD space are all changeable/upgradable.
unlike consoles although they may play games in High Def where avalible but High Def GFX cards are avalible for PC's too.

Plus i love those windows games like crysis and COD4 and a few others, so definetily PC for me. ;)

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I would go for a PC because it can do a lot more than just play games.
A console would probably be able to provide a better gaming experience because it has been specially designed to do just that whereas a PC is designed to do lots of things. However I don't think that nowadays it doesn't make much difference. The next generation games consoles have Wifi and internet access, and PC graphics card are very powerful.

HomerJ

Reaction score
A console is essentially a (somewhat) low-cost and very specialized PC.

I prefer standard PCs though. They are upgradeable, customizable (in software and in hardware) and are better suited to most tasks other than gaming.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
PC all the way. I wouldn't have built a very expensive computer and would have gone for a console like an XBox 360 if the PC wasn't better.

Also, PCs can run at higher resolutions than even 1080p HD consoles can. Consoles technically have a card that has fixed resolution settings, that will apply to everything and the games are optimized for those resolutions. On the PC, you can get crazy resolutions that cause more polygons to be rendered, for example, if I were to run Crysis at a resolution of 2000+x1600+, it would nearly double my polygon rendering instead of running it at a resolution like 1680x1050.

Also, PCs can be upgraded without voiding warranties or buying a new system!

Last edited:

Hauzer

Reaction score
PC.

With a console you can only play games and certain new consoles can browse the net but not at it's best quality. Console also has the best specs. to playany game without lagg or any other problems.

PC, you can nearly do anything technology throughs at you. You can also play games on the PC, but it will sometimes lagg and won't be able to run certain games.

For example, PS3 (40GB) costs about £300 ($600) for that much you could build one of the best computers for cheaper which would pretty much play all games and run without lagging.

So, PC would be much better and cheaper.

bklynken

Reaction score
Definitely PC. For high end games though, just make sure you have lots of RAM and a good graphics card.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Definitely PC. For high end games though, just make sure you have lots of RAM and a good graphics card.

You forgot fast CPU and Hard Drive. Nothing is complete even with a lot of RAM and an expensive video card.

bklynken

Reaction score
True, those too. In my experience, I have always had a good enough hard drive and a fast enough CPU for any game that I wanted to play. My problems have always been with RAM and graphics cards.

CuteKate400

Reaction score
I voted for PC because I believe its more usefull. You can do all sorts of things on a PC whereas a Console can only play games and media stuff such as music and dvd's.

DarKye

Reaction score
I'm voting PC because of the variety of uses, including gaming.