what is better? drupal or joomla?

mjh.iran91

Reaction score
Hi.
i want use Drupal or Joomla to create website.what is better for beginner?

ramu.rj80

Reaction score
i'd say drupal is better
its extremely powerful and gives you greater freedom and is more flexible compared to joomla

its said to have a learning curve, but for someone starting from scratch joomla poses a learning curve too so why not go for drupal which is definitely better, also there is a great community if ur stuck

drupal has very few good looking themes, so you might have to code available ones to suit your requirements or buy premium ones, if you cant do that, do check out the themes before you start.

nirajkum

Reaction score
drupal is better but only if you are a developer and good programmer as it is little bit complex

masroore52

Reaction score
Joomla is the more popular of the two... since Joomla is easier to manage, most inexperienced, clueless noobs choose to build their sites using it. Unfortunately, Joomla also has more vulnerabilities - it's hacker-favorite.

My recommendation goes for Drupal - it's solid, stable and secure (cons - slightly harder to manage than Joomla, 3rd-party plugin/theme etc. support is less than that of Joomlas). The white house is built on Drupal - need I say more? :cool:

nico.botero83

Reaction score
I am not an expert. But i know drupal demands more time while you get basics. After that you will realize that it is a really nice aplication.

locogeek94

Reaction score
I agree w/ nirajkum.
Drupal has a higher initial learning curve, more suited to developers. But you can really do a lot more.

Joomla is very popular and has better templates (in my opinion).
Joomla also has tons of tutorials on the web, including youtube.

I have played w/ both and actually prefer Drupal, but I have spent many hrs toying around w/ it.

iyancicak86

Reaction score
joomla is better... LUAO... you can create complex and beautiful cms site using joomla :wink:

21profit

Reaction score
drupal has not many plugin option that a beginner can handle , plus it not show the full article all together , it is some thing like new publishing site where most head lines are viewable. but joomla is like other blogging site.

Reaction score
Personally, I think that a true beginner should start with Wordpress (I'm talking about those who are already past Cutenews, FanUpdate, etc.), then pass onto Joomla and Drupal; in any case, the best way is to try both and see which you find more manageable and fitting the site you plan to have.

miscx10m

Reaction score
I've never been able to understand any of the CMSs. Try and try and they just don't make sense to me.

When ever I (and I often do) go looking for a new thingee to do something I almost always come back to Wordpress. Try it you'll see what I mean.

whatsvir

Reaction score
Drupal takes time to get used to.
It is a complete package considering that it has wiki(books), blogs, etc in its core file itself!

Both joomla and drupal are useful in their own limits, if you've got smaller site to build, go for joomla but if the site is going to be big with blogs etc, go for drupal ;)

rtzon

Prime Account
Reaction score
Drupal is better, but you need to know some web languages, like PHP, to use it to its full potential.

For beginners, it'd be best to go with Joomla.

djjones

Reaction score
Drupal is always preferable. If you really want to stand out from others, you need to go one step ahead. Drupal is more powerful. It is just like controlling a powerful car. Understand it, and you both(drupal and u) will zoom forward.