What is causing 'high resource usage'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
I'm just curious, what files / pages are causing my 'high resource usage'?
My website gets very minimal traffic and 99% of my traffic is to a mostly untouched SMF installation and I'm quite sure that SMF is fairly well optimized.

Thanks.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Howdy;
You may wish to take a look at This Article which contains some useful information regarding high resource usage .
One suggestion would be to take a look at any plugins / add-ons / mods which you may be using on your SMF as soem plugins / add-ons / mods can cause high resource usage issues.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

The problem, I think, is due to the limit of:
-240 seconds of CPU time per hour

I don't mean to complain, but my site takes forever to load. On my local computer it barely takes any time at all and the pages I am trying to load aren't that intense. I'm just trying to load the index of my SMF installation. This shouldn't take more than 2 minutes of load time, but it does.

In addition, I am constantly getting "The page you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try again later." pages, which I'm assuming are there to prevent the page from timing out and appearing to be offline, which I like. The only problem is that I think this is a server issue and not an issue on my part. I may be wrong though.

Also, I don't have any SMF plug-ins installed. I only have themes installed, none of which are activated. I'm just using a modified theme which is basically CSS modifications which wouldn't have anything to do with load times.

sonicsshadow

Reaction score
This has been happening quite frequently and I would really like to know what is specifically causing it so I can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.